Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
I doubt Pellegrini will use this game as a fitness exercise for a few newcomers, if they are fit to play a half then maybe but he will see this as a trophy to win in my opinion and not glorified friendly.

It does look like Kompany and Demichelis won't be fit to play so it does look like it will be a Boyata and Nastasic partnership, if so Clichy and Kolarov have to start to give us some stability.

I don't think giving Sagna Arsenal away at Wembley as his first game for City the wisest thing to do.

If he plays we are in for a pasting,fcuking awful player

Tbilisi said:
sam-caddick said:
I doubt Pellegrini will use this game as a fitness exercise for a few newcomers, if they are fit to play a half then maybe but he will see this as a trophy to win in my opinion and not glorified friendly.

It does look like Kompany and Demichelis won't be fit to play so it does look like it will be a Boyata and Nastasic partnership, if so Clichy and Kolarov have to start to give us some stability.

I don't think giving Sagna Arsenal away at Wembley as his first game for City the wisest thing to do.

If he plays we are in for a pasting,fcuking awful player

if its not him who then ? rekik Richards ? you must get used to see him Sunday :)

Just give Kompany and Demichelis 45' each and partner them with Nastasic. Isn't that the point of pre-season games to improve fitness by playing? Kompany said he started training on Tuesday, but I guess the World Cup crew have a different fitness plan. Keep Micah, Boyata and Rekik out of the backline or we'll be in trouble every time Arsenal attack.

LoveCity said:
Just give Kompany and Demichelis 45' each and partner them with Nastasic. Isn't that the point of pre-season games to improve fitness by playing? Kompany said he started training on Tuesday, but I guess the World Cup crew have a different fitness plan. Keep Micah, Boyata and Rekik out of the backline or we'll be in trouble every time Arsenal attack.

Thats a great plan.........I would play Garcia at CB rather than Boyata.Cant understand what hes doing at the club.

citytill1die84 said:
If we play Rekik & Boyata we lose :( shit trophy but i still wanna win it.

As a sporting contest this game is pretty much a dead parrot. Just too many players on both sides missing or unfit.

These guys will come back to the club in decent shape and will have been doing their own regime in the last couple of weeks, as Sagna confirmed yesterday

Now im not saying that VK or DeMichelis will play a full game but id very surprised if neither of them played a part on Sunday

Something like

Hart

Clichy (45 Sagna)
VK (45 DeMichelis)
Nastasic
Kolarov

Yaya (Fernandinho)
Fernando

Navas (Silva)
Jovetic
Nasri

Dzeko

rushts said:
Ok, i'll be honest, i haven't got a clue.
Hart or Willy?
Is everyone back now?
Who's match fit, who isn't?
Will Lamps play?

Over to you guys. What/who do you think the squad will be come Sunday?

Humour alert!!!

Strangely enough I thought I might leave it to the Manager, Mr Pellegrini, to make the team selection!! I thought that's what we paid him for. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.