Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheddar404 said:
I used to respect Wenger and his brand of football. Now, he appears to have disappeared up his own areshole and makes Morinho (who is also a twat) look like a sensible rational thinking man. A bitter, bitter man who if he focused on his own club more might achieve more success.

Completely agree. He was shrewd in the transfer market but bought well. He played the game the right way and nurtured younger players. Now though, all their youngsters are bought from other clubs, they have foreign owners and they pay big money for players. Yes they financially went about the new stadium payments in a more reserved manner, but our owners are fully behind the club and fully believe in what they are doing. The difference is that Arsenal's are more concerned about making a profit and therefore didn't want Wenger to sign players whilst they paid for the stadium. That is the only difference between the two sides. As a club they still needed wealthy owners in order to arrange loans to cover the Emirates stadium costs, they most certainly wouldn't have made that move otherwise. They rip fans off and they sell out to commercial partners. They do everything we do but to an inferior level.

cheddar404 said:
I used to respect Wenger and his brand of football. Now, he appears to have disappeared up his own areshole and makes Morinho (who is also a twat) look like a sensible rational thinking man. A bitter, bitter man who if he focused on his own club more might achieve more success.
Don't fall into that trap, Maureen is just sneakier. Remember him calling a presser in a week where Chelsea weren't playing solely to bad mouth ourselves and Barca?
He's the worse of the two.

The 49ers said:
Blue Haze said:
Senile Frenchman rants in senile manner, news at 11

Did you hear the press conference, he was asked a leading question about the Lampard thing and he answered it. As far as Sagna is concerned it's pretty much widely known that he was talking to you whilst we were still trying to get him to sign a new deal.

So what, your manager ignores it because he knows it's mainly the media trying to stoke up sh*t between the club's,so don't get why you are so bothered. Anyway should be a decent game chance for us to see our new signings in a proper game.

Nice to be involved in the community shield again,been too bloody long.

Arsene Wenger seems to have had a beef with us over the last couple of years - when he was winning constantly against us, you never heard a whisper from him about us. He's a bad loser that is for sure and for an intelligent man - which he no doubt is - it comes across as poor. He clearly doesn't like the fact that we now ' eat at the top table ' and are overtaking his, as well as other, historicically successful clubs. Constantly bleating about ' FFP, taping up, unfair sponsership deals '. On that last point, they were quite happy to take the £100 million for the naming rights for the stadium etc. but then moans with our Etihad deal as it's worth more to the club than the Emirates deal to his club. The latest rant about Frank and tapping up Bacary is also in poor taste - can you ' tap up ' a player that is 31 and has 6 months left on his contract ?? I{ guess you can but it's quite possible that he would have stalled giving me a reasonable contract because of Bacary's age and how Arsene ' likes to promote kids from within the club '.

Pellers on the other hand, has shown true class without responding to any of the accusations - what a Charming Man...................

I remember some years ago at Highbury when 2 players took a penalty against City - can't remember who was involved ( Thierry Henry ?? )....arrogance.......and, from memory, was missed......!!! Bet he loved that.....

P. S. Are you a 49ers fans too, then ??

aguero93:20 said:
cheddar404 said:
Don't fall into that trap, Maureen is just sneakier. Remember him calling a presser in a week where Chelsea weren't playing solely to bad mouth ourselves and Barca?

At least he's amusing (sometimes) and less pompous. Wenger is stale like a mouldy, rank Camembert that's been left out in the sun for the last 10 years. It's a shame really as I did genuinely respect him and Arsenal a few years ago.

cheddar404 said:
aguero93:20 said:
cheddar404 said:

At least he's amusing (sometimes) and less pompous. Wenger is stale like a mouldy, rank Camembert that's been left out in the sun for the last 10 years. It's a shame really as I did genuinely respect him and Arsenal a few years ago.

he did us a favour winning the PL 2 or 3 times and stopping the scum winning it when we were unable to compete - frankly we don't need them for that any more, useful as a feeder club though

@RobDawsonMEN: At Carrington for Manuel Pellegrini. Says Lampard, Demichelis, Kompany, Zabaleta, Sagna, Fernandinho and Aguero won't play v Arsenal.

Is it me or is it completely worrying so many of our key players won't play one minute of preseason?

With our tough fixture list the first month of the season can we afford to fall behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.