Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the South and have supported Man City for 40 years. I have driven past Wembley on many occasions only wishing that City could play there one day. In recent years this has become a reality but I never take it for granted. Well done to all City supporters that have saved their hard earned cash to be there on Sunday. If the CS was taking place at the Etihad, despite costs, I would make the journey up North. We need as much support as possible there on Sunday.....CTID

For once I just hope we turn it on and trounce these fuckers. Give whinger something more to whinge about. Love Frank to score the last goal against them as well.

A bit nervous to post in here, safe to post some views or will I get ripped to shreds? ;-)

GunnerGer said:
A bit nervous to post in here, safe to post some views or will I get ripped to shreds? ;-)
go ahead mate only don't mention the tickets

ballinio said:
GunnerGer said:

No problem. Was just want to throw in a couple of observations from an Arsenal point of view.

I seen a few are a bit worried about the lack of preparation time some of your players will have had coming into the season. I must say, I share the same worries about Arsenal.

Our French guys & Sanchez have only played 1 game, the German lot aren't even training yet, so I think we might be the 2 teams hampered most by the World Cup. Its certainly not ideal for some of your main players to have had only 1 or in some cases none pre season games like.

As for the teams that will play, where you are undoubtedly stronger just now is in the middle of the park. We haven't added that type of midfielder yet, (hopefully we will by the end of the window). Fernando, Fernandihno and Toure is a pretty fearsome threesome, and although I don't give much sway to pre season games what the Monaco game showed us is that we can still be physically dominated in there.

Giroud was rank against Monaco, he needs game time to get sharp, but it will be to the detriment of the team because I'd much rather have Sanchez up top.

Although of course its a game we both would like to win, I would argue the result would affect Arsenal more, (win or lose) considering you are very strong mentally whereas we lack belief still in these big games.

Looking forward to what hopefully should be a good game though...its been a long pre season!

GunnerGer said:
ballinio said:
GunnerGer said:

No problem. Was just want to throw in a couple of observations from an Arsenal point of view.

I seen a few are a bit worried about the lack of preparation time some of your players will have had coming into the season. I must say, I share the same worries about Arsenal.

Our French guys & Sanchez have only played 1 game, the German lot aren't even training yet, so I think we might be the 2 teams hampered most by the World Cup. Its certainly not ideal for some of your main players to have had only 1 or in some cases none pre season games like.

As for the teams that will play, where you are undoubtedly stronger just now is in the middle of the park. We haven't added that type of midfielder yet, (hopefully we will by the end of the window). Fernando, Fernandihno and Toure is a pretty fearsome threesome, and although I don't give much sway to pre season games what the Monaco game showed us is that we can still be physically dominated in there.

Giroud was rank against Monaco, he needs game time to get sharp, but it will be to the detriment of the team because I'd much rather have Sanchez up top.

Although of course its a game we both would like to win, I would argue the result would affect Arsenal more, (win or lose) considering you are very strong mentally whereas we lack belief still in these big games.

Looking forward to what hopefully should be a good game though...its been a long pre season!

decent post mate, and fwiw i reckon both teams will be under-cooked, no idea who will come out on top.

Kompany, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Aguero, Demichelis, Sagna all due back today in training

Pellegrini will have to balance the desire to play as many of the new players asap to get them game time against their fitness.

Jovetic has been our most impressive player in pre-season.

I've got my ticket and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to see Alexis Sanchez. If he plays I just hope Kompany is available.

Marvin said:
Kompany, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Aguero, Demichelis, Sagna all due back today in training

Pellegrini will have to balance the desire to play as many of the new players asap to get them game time against their fitness.

I've got my ticket and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to see Alexis Sanchez. If he plays I just hope Kompany is available.

We are in a pretty similar boat Marv. I assume Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski were due back today, Vermaelen has been injured (and looks like he's leaving), Walcott still a few weeks away as well.

Our new guys like Chambers, Debuchy, Campbell & Sanchez were our most impressive players of the weekend, & of course the enigma that is Sanogo. Ironically, it was the senior players that looked out of sorts, Cazorla, Koscielny, Giroud looking pretty out of sorts.

I'd love him to go with pace up front as I think that suits our style of play best, an Ox, Sanchez, Campbell front 3 would be pretty decent viewing, but he'll probably revert to type and have Cazorla, Giroud & Rosicky playing.

GunnerGer said:
Marvin said:

We are in a pretty similar boat Marv. I assume Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski were due back today, Vermaelen has been injured (and looks like he's leaving), Walcott still a few weeks away as well.

Our new guys like Chambers, Debuchy, Campbell & Sanchez were our most impressive players of the weekend, & of course the enigma that is Sanogo. Ironically, it was the senior players that looked out of sorts, Cazorla, Koscielny, Giroud looking pretty out of sorts.

I'd love him to go with pace up front as I think that suits our style of play best, an Ox, Sanchez, Campbell front 3 would be pretty decent viewing, but he'll probably revert to type and have Cazorla, Giroud & Rosicky playing.

We cant seem to work out how many fans we will be taking,most estimates are 20,000....have you heard anything down there about you lot getting more tickets as know you will shift them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.