Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2 (Merged)

Stillsy said:
Why do you hope so :S?

Arsenal are a team that rely on decent runs in the champs league because of the money they receive from progressing into further rounds and gate receipts as we all know they make a bomb from every home game something like 2mil per home game it is.

This means that they will only become more stable with the extra money coming in and will be sniffing around us. I hope they crash and burn like iv never seen a side do before.

And all the hype last night and today just reminds me of last year and what happened. Everyone jumping on the Arsenal bandwagon but in reality they was shite. Barca should of had a penny and a disaloud goal that should have stood.

Why would i not support an English (utd generally aside) side in Europe?

There was an interview with Xavi a week or so ago which summed Barca up - self faunicating, self important, ignorant, arrogant whoppers.

According to Barca there's only one way to play football - they won't recognise Inter's CL win - because they didn't do it the 'Barca way' - even though they were tactically outplayed over the two legs.

Mes que un club? - No, like any other team you are 'just a club'.

Bollocks Arsenal we're shite, before the goal, they had created more, Barca are always dangerous, but Arsenal matched them for long periods and by the end of the game they were the only team that wanted to win the game - how very 'un Barca' of Barca.

WHilst English teams continue to be successful in Europe, our league will continue to be considered the best and the best players will want to play here, that can only be a good thing for us as supporters of City English match going fans in general.

I can't really understand why a supporter of another team would want to come and gloat on the forum of another team that has nothing at all to do with his club!

Anyway, should Bobby take note of the Arsenal/Barcelona philosophy - i.e. attack is the best form of defence, or do you think he will persist with 'don't concede a goal' mindset? I suspect I know the answer to that!

Barca had a perfectly good goal turned down..I think Arsenal will get turned over big time in the 2nd leg.

YaYa's Left Peg said:
I can't really understand why a supporter of another team would want to come and gloat on the forum of another team that has nothing at all to do with his club!

Anyway, should Bobby take note of the Arsenal/Barcelona philosophy - i.e. attack is the best form of defence, or do you think he will persist with 'don't concede a goal' mindset? I suspect I know the answer to that!
Arsenal played the counter... just like we often do. They did a much better job of it yesterday than we've done in a while, though.

taconinja said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:

Arsenal played the counter... just like we often do. They did a much better job of it yesterday than we've done in a while, though.

It's not just about systems, it's also about the type/quality of player playing within those systems, and the attitude of the manager. For example Wenger started with Song, Wilshire and Fabregas as his middle three. This wasn't working so he took his 'water carrier' off and moved Nasri in there, with Arshavin coming on for Song. Three attack minded top quality central midfielders and 'going for it' despite the quality of the opposition worked a treat. I fully expect him to play the same way in the return leg and I wish him well if he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.