Arsenal Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

thedogsbollocks said:
I thought we played really well tbh.I also think the early sending off affected us more than them,because we were already on top.

2-0 Arsenal away i never expected.

The only gripe i have,is that some times we resemble a cat playing with a mouse.And i would much rather us be a Lion dispatching a wounded Gazelle.We won 2-0 but could easily have won 4-0.Good day at the office though.
I was awake at 05:30 this morning (couldn't sleep) so I watched the game back again. I've rarely seen us work so hard as we did, but we barely strung a passing sequence together in double figures during the whole game. After we scored our second when we had the ball it was as if we'd won the game already and we just leisurely passed the ball around and gave it away freely; then when Arsenal had he ball we were absolute beasts at closing down and winning it back. Very odd. It was a strange game. It was like we were nervous in possession and the complete opposite without it.

Overall you have to say we did a fantastic job, a ten man Arsenal at home is as good as many other Prem sides with a full compliment of players and we restricted them to two or three half chances all game. But in a similar situation in the future I'd like to see a bit more forthright play with the ball. I didn't feel we had the game won until the final whistle went. Buzzing today though! Come on you Blues!

I'm buzzing too - that match was a big worry and to come out with the points was crucial.
Prior to the game, you had to worry about how we'd cope at the Emirates without Yaya and Aguero, even though both have not shown much of their best form all season. But, when you look at how we pressed them, and the chances we created before the 1st sending off, you couldn't fail to be impressed.
Nothing much went right for Tevez and Dzeko, otherwise we would have had a hatful. Defence and midfield were so strong that the absent players weren't missed at all, and the midfielders and both full backs were fantastic. Special mention to Garcia, who manned up for us - I expected that from Barry and Milner, but he was my main worry. Fair play to him, he had a good game, and I won't be so worried about him from now on.
I know Dzeko worked hard, but didn't think he was M.O.M. I would have given it to Mr 110% - Milner.
Credit to Mancini as well - we had all the Guardiola talk before the game, and how much he'd be under pressure if he didn't get the result. But he did. Again!

Our players / Arsenal fans

Gareth Barry / Pabzab - both superb yesterday.

Arsenal fans - booed Clichy non stop - it became boring as he was having a great game.

Arsenal fan booed Zab - they would love to have him as would probably every other team in England - legend.

We should have stuck 5 past them - penalty, one off the line and Tevez one on one.

Still think that the players were all up for it yesterday and we made a big statement - forget 10 v 11 - no excuses.

Re: October 24th 2010.....

Yep, thing is i thought we played well that day with 10 men it was just Fabianski had a blinder whilst when they went down to 10 they had no fight whatsoever.

Inter Me Nan said:
Yep, thing is i thought we played well that day with 10 men it was just Fabianski had a blinder whilst when they went down to 10 they had no fight whatsoever.
Best unsername I've seen on here. Take a bow ;)

lost_n_spaced said:
Arsenal beat City 3-0 at CoMS.

Sending off for a home player fouling the opposition forward whilst being the last man after 5 minutes.

No Arsenal fan complaints of the game having been spoiled.

Funny that.

yes, boyata a 19 year old in his first game sent off after just under 2 minutes for a tackle on the right edge of the box near the dead ball line.
kompany after 10 minutes against the rags.
their sending off spoiled the game for us.

To be fair we'd have beaten that Arsenal team if they'd have been allowed to play with the subs on aswell.

City are better they just don't like to admit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.