Arsenal Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

There's something massively conceited about the Arsenal fans.

They dined out at the top table for 10 - 15 years, are now in a rut and it's a conspiracy against them - Arab money; stadium move; clubs picking off their best players; dodgy reffing; injury list as long as your arm etc etc.

The fact is,their business model is all about making money and their performances have suffered as a result. Mis-guided chairman/ owners eh? Well I never.

Welcome to our (pre Sept 2008) world.

Thought City were excellent yesterday. What price a Barry, Zabba and Milner at the Emirates now?

munster said:
There's something massively conceited about the Arsenal fans.

They dined out at the top table for 10 - 15 years, are now in a rut and it's a conspiracy against them - Arab money; stadium move; clubs picking off their best players; dodgy reffing; injury list as long as your arm etc etc.

The fact is,their business model is all about making money and their performances have suffered as a result. Mis-guided chairman/ owners eh? Well I never.

Welcome to our (pre Sept 2008) world.

Thought City were excellent yesterday. What price a Barry, Zabba and Milner at the Emirates now?

And they sold there best player to United which makes a mockery of all there bleating about us and Chelsea.

Hart - was pretty much a spectator, had nothing to do other than catch a cross. 6

Zabaleta - kept Gibbs silent, won every 50/50. 8
Kompany - was pretty solid, dealt with the little threat Arsenal gave us, wrongly sent-off. 8
Nastasic - calm, assured, quiet, still bedding himself. 7
Clichy - covered a lot of ground and provided us with width. Also won the ball from Sagna and started the move for our first. 7

Javi Garcia - really lived up to the name "midfield general", started our move for the second goal. 9
Barry - read the game, paced the game, all with little recognition. 8
Silva - always toying, always teasing, always reliable. 7
Milner - took his goal brilliant and provided width, work-rate and graft. 9

Dzeko - got his goal but a dreadful penalty and a pretty dire second half spoilt his game. 5
Tevez - busy but quiet, showed great vision and then desire for both of our goals. 7

MCFC BOB said:
Hart - was pretty much a spectator, had nothing to do other than catch a cross. 6

Kompany - was pretty solid, dealt with the little threat Arsenal gave us, wrongly sent-off. 8
Clichy - covered a lot of ground and provided us with width. Also won the ball from Sagna and started the move for our first. 7

Javi Garcia - really lived up to the name "midfield general", started our move for the second goal. 9

Dzeko - got his goal but a dreadful penalty and a pretty dire second half spoilt his game. 5
Tevez - busy but quiet, showed great vision and then desire for both of our goals. 7

LOL :)

U really dont like Dzeko, m8.
Penalty was bad (Dzeko was never a penalty taker), but he was miles better than Tevez yesterday.

For me Milner MOTM followed by David and Dzeko (one goal, one penalty won, one red and one yellow card, yet our worst player on the pitch, funny :)

Although most of you won't agree with me, but I did not miss Yaya for a second yesterday. I really appreciate him, great player.
But he is also one of the reasons our game gets so slow sometimes.

I agree with Bob, don't want this turning into another anti/for Dzeko post but he didn't exactly have a stormer yesterday. Won the penalty which was good positional sense - a skill he is deadly at. Used it well to grab his goal but didn't exactly offer much for the second half and still lacked the hold up play which we need at points during the game. Yet, he's a fantastic goal scoring machine!

Sparkys-Army said:
I agree with Bob, don't want this turning into another anti/for Dzeko post but he didn't exactly have a stormer yesterday. Won the penalty which was good positional sense - a skill he is deadly at. Used it well to grab his goal but didn't exactly offer much for the second half and still lacked the hold up play which we need at points during the game. Yet, he's a fantastic goal scoring machine!

I thought we as a team stopped going forward with the same zeal, not just down to the forwards.

And I'm sure it's obvious tevez needs a goal desperately from open play to lift his confidence

r.soleofsalford said:
Sparkys-Army said:

I thought we as a team stopped going forward with the same zeal, not just down to the forwards.

And I'm sure it's obvious tevez needs a goal desperately from open play to lift his confidence

Agreed.

MCFC BOB said:

Can't agree with your rating for Joe Hart. He punched weakly at two crosses that he should easily have held which could have cost us. This is a major weakness in his game which he needs to improve.He had virtually nothing else to do all game so on that basis I would rate him a two at most.

MCFC BOB said:

I think you are being harsh on Edin. His pass that put Tevez 1:1 with the keeper was inch perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.