Arsenal Vs City Post Match Thread

I think all in all it was a good point. However, we had chances too win it and on another day, we might have taken them but a point at a stronger arsenal than last season is creditable.

I think we have too take our chances more when we get them against bayern and the chavs, cause the chances are, they most certainly will.

The city fans yesterday were loud and it was a good atmosphere inside. The drayton pre hand was a laugh aswell. Top day out overall.

Bring on bayern!

The 49ers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I haven't read all 50 odd pages and I suspect all important points have been covered, but...

Apparently Vinnie said that's the best Arsenal team he's seen in years, and he's right. Sanchez is a top quality addition, but he shows up the poor quality of some of the Arsenal lads. I don't think he's as honest as Sergio, but he has an impressive physique and shows a commendable ability to stay on his feet at times (though not at others) whereas Wilshere and Ozil fold up like collapsing deckchairs when touched. This is encouraged by the unfailing willingness of refs to give them free kicks... but more of that later! In the light of this, I have to say that I can't agree with comments, including those in the MEN that our squad is not as deep, or good, as we thought. These barmy international breaks make any preparation impossible and put you in the lap of the gods of chance, because you depend enormously on where your players play and on which night - and who you play on Saturday...or Sunday. We were without Ya Ya, Fernando, Jovetic, and they too had their problems, though they had Welbeck to replace their only real "loss". To that extent a much changed City side came away with one point and should have had all 3. Lampard was way off the pace, but he hasn't played for almost 5 months! Navas was excellent to the point that Ozil never looked like getting in the game and Sanchez influence was much reduced. James Milner was his usual high work rate, tactically shrewd self and he helped nullify Arsenal's threats down the wing and pose problems to their full backs. Kolorov was massively influential when he came on and I enjoyed particularly the moment where the BBC told us that he "clipped" a post with a "sidefooted effort"! The corner was inch perfect..for another star to head home. Vinnie was excellent, as usual, but for me David Silva, "Merlin", "the Magician" was simply in a class of his own. That Wilshere was man of the match, that there was so much about Sanchez is yet another sign that on TV they don't watch the match, they are in the "London bubble" watching Arsenal.

And so to the ref. Very, very poor indeed, but aided and abetted by the other officials. Two of Joe Hart's early saves were on efforts from players clearly in off side positions and that set the tone. Manuel has outlined City's main grievances accurately and I think we'd all be disappointed with ANY of those decisions but to be on the wrong end of them ALL in the same game is incomprehensible. And this character has form.

The London bubble you talk about was Cheshire based monotone Michael Owen. No one else in their right mind thought it was Wilshere. For us the best player was clearly Sanchez. For you a toss up between Kompany,Navas and Milner.... The last one being a very underrated player.

You aren't the first team to get done by Prattenburg. He is a homer ref. I guarantee you will benefit from him at home sooner or later. Most of his cock ups are against the away side

As far as Jack yesterday,his dive was out of order but he made up for it with his goal. It wasn't a wonder goal and sorry lads but Hart committed himself far to quickly. The same way Chesney should have stayed bloody put then Flamini would have headed away Demichelis equaliser.

The penalty claim was all down to the lino,how he didn't see it is beyond me. How many times has a player done a nudge on a defender in the box that leads to a goal. Watch John Terry everytime in the opposition's box.
You will all disagree but Aguero wasn't fouled for the first goal.

It was an odd game that was ultimately defined by Aguero. If he played for us yesterday you would have been a couple of goals down by 25th min. He score a good goal and once he was off your chance of winning reduced.

You hit the woodwork,we did too. Point was a fair result. It isn't that easy to win against us at the Grove and on another day we would have battered a different opposition in those first 20mins.
Nothing left to add than wishing Özil would stop trying to coast doing the barest minimum in a game. He is one of the best no 10s in the world. Even out of position, he should get off his a**e and show it.

Good luck against the chavs and Bayern next week on account of I hate Maureen and I hate Fc Hollywood.

So a defender who pushes a player in the back 3 times and because city players don't go down with a push it's not a foul come off it?! It's was a foul 100% if it was one of arsenals players being fouled like that and the referee didn't give it then city go on to score the media will be all over it also Wenger

middleton___blue said:
I think all in all it was a good point. However, we had chances too win it and on another day, we might have taken them but a point at a stronger arsenal than last season is creditable.

I think we have too take our chances more when we get them against bayern and the chavs, cause the chances are, they most certainly will.

The city fans yesterday were loud and it was a good atmosphere inside. The drayton pre hand was a laugh aswell. Top day out overall.

Bring on bayern!
Arsenal had few clear cut chances compared to City but took them brilliantly. The execution from Wilshere and Sanchez was outstanding. That's what you get from signing a player like Alexis Sanchez. He seems to be on the periphery of a game for a long while, but always seems to make a telling contribution at some point.

Players like Ramsey and Silva dictate games but it's the finishers like Aguero and Sanchez that ultimately win them

It's all about opinions mate and I don't think it was.

Take the start of a counter when Sanchez has the ball from one of your attacks and Kompany is at the wrong end of the pitch. As much as some on here say Sanchez was weak and falling over,he is being blatantly fouled by Kompany to prevent a counter attack. Most refs book the player for it, Prattenburg chose not to. Yet Flamini loses his footing and clips Silva who suddenly has the freedom to run into an area with at least 4 Arsenal players and he gets a booking.

Sanchez gets away and Kompany is in deep sh*t as he will out pace him. So both were professional fouls and both deserved a card.

Still wouldn't be too bothered by the result by both sides. Another day Silva puts that chance at 1-0 in and you cruise to victory or Ramsay connects with Wilshere's over the top pass and we get all 3 points. This week I'd say your most important game Is Wednesday night so with your changes and injuries a point is a decent result. It's just the Stoke result that's made this look bad. Beat the chavs next week and back to happy days.

A win at home and a point away at top 4 rivals is all that's needed.

The 49ers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I haven't read all 50 odd pages and I suspect all important points have been covered, but...

Apparently Vinnie said that's the best Arsenal team he's seen in years, and he's right. Sanchez is a top quality addition, but he shows up the poor quality of some of the Arsenal lads. I don't think he's as honest as Sergio, but he has an impressive physique and shows a commendable ability to stay on his feet at times (though not at others) whereas Wilshere and Ozil fold up like collapsing deckchairs when touched. This is encouraged by the unfailing willingness of refs to give them free kicks... but more of that later! In the light of this, I have to say that I can't agree with comments, including those in the MEN that our squad is not as deep, or good, as we thought. These barmy international breaks make any preparation impossible and put you in the lap of the gods of chance, because you depend enormously on where your players play and on which night - and who you play on Saturday...or Sunday. We were without Ya Ya, Fernando, Jovetic, and they too had their problems, though they had Welbeck to replace their only real "loss". To that extent a much changed City side came away with one point and should have had all 3. Lampard was way off the pace, but he hasn't played for almost 5 months! Navas was excellent to the point that Ozil never looked like getting in the game and Sanchez influence was much reduced. James Milner was his usual high work rate, tactically shrewd self and he helped nullify Arsenal's threats down the wing and pose problems to their full backs. Kolorov was massively influential when he came on and I enjoyed particularly the moment where the BBC told us that he "clipped" a post with a "sidefooted effort"! The corner was inch perfect..for another star to head home. Vinnie was excellent, as usual, but for me David Silva, "Merlin", "the Magician" was simply in a class of his own. That Wilshere was man of the match, that there was so much about Sanchez is yet another sign that on TV they don't watch the match, they are in the "London bubble" watching Arsenal.

And so to the ref. Very, very poor indeed, but aided and abetted by the other officials. Two of Joe Hart's early saves were on efforts from players clearly in off side positions and that set the tone. Manuel has outlined City's main grievances accurately and I think we'd all be disappointed with ANY of those decisions but to be on the wrong end of them ALL in the same game is incomprehensible. And this character has form.

The London bubble you talk about was Cheshire based monotone Michael Owen. No one else in their right mind thought it was Wilshere. For us the best player was clearly Sanchez. For you a toss up between Kompany,Navas and Milner.... The last one being a very underrated player.

You aren't the first team to get done by Prattenburg. He is a homer ref. I guarantee you will benefit from him at home sooner or later. Most of his cock ups are against the away side

As far as Jack yesterday,his dive was out of order but he made up for it with his goal. It wasn't a wonder goal and sorry lads but Hart committed himself far to quickly. The same way Chesney should have stayed bloody put then Flamini would have headed away Demichelis equaliser.

The penalty claim was all down to the lino,how he didn't see it is beyond me. How many times has a player done a nudge on a defender in the box that leads to a goal. Watch John Terry everytime in the opposition's box.

It was an odd game that was ultimately defined by Aguero. If he played for us yesterday you would have been a couple of goals down by 25th min. He score a good goal and once he was off your chance of winning reduced.

You hit the woodwork,we did too. Point was a fair result. It isn't that easy to win against us at the Grove and on another day we would have battered a different opposition in those first 20mins.
Nothing left to add than wishing Özil would stop trying to coast doing the barest minimum in a game. He is one of the best no 10s in the world. Even out of position, he should get off his a**e and show it.

Good luck against the chavs and Bayern next week on account of I hate Maureen and I hate Fc Hollywood.

Two great posts.

I had the match on the radio so most of the contentious decisions where only mentioned once. The main focus was on the football so it gives the listener a different perspective of the game.

What i got from the coverage was that it was a cracking match played at breakneck speed with lots of skill and plenty of aggression on show. Both sides had chances to win it in open play and both teams 'went for it'.
After the match i was happy with the point we came away with. When i saw the highlights on telly later i thought we were unlucky not to take all the points.

The 49ers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

i am not so sure. I think there was a massive cock up t stamford bridge in 2012-13 season v United where chelsea were down to 9.

waspish said:
The 49ers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

So a defender who pushes a player in the back 3 times and because city players don't go down with a push it's not a foul come off it?! It's was a foul 100% if it was one of arsenals players being fouled like that and the referee didn't give it then city go on to score the media will be all over it also Wenger

wiltshire goes down like a prostitute with a fiver in her purse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.