Arsenal Vs City Post Match Thread

pikku said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pikku said:
It was a pretty even match to be fair,but after the equaliser by demi we deserved to win.We really pushed for that third goal and had more clear cut chances.Silva and dzeko should have buried those,how on earth could they miss such easy chances is beyond me.It was encouraging though to see kolarov,navas and samir all trying to shoot from outside the box instead of tippy tapping with it.

FFS They didn't miss. Arsenal goalkeeper pulled off 2 good saves. But I'm sure you would have buried both ;-)
Oh go away...lolz..just pissed off that we didn't win..But still feel those were pretty simple chances to put to bed.

Not having a go. They all look simple, from the stands or armchairs. I like to give Chesney some credit for his stops.

Good result.

I thought the first goal was going to be absolutely vital in this game. Once Aguero put us 1-0 up, I thought we'd won it. Expected a performance similar to Newcastle where we were solid and just rode the game out.

When Arsenal went 2-1 up, I was stunned. It's very unlike us to concede a lead like that. It must have only happened a handful of times in the last 18 months.

But with 10 minutes to go and losing 2-1 away at Arsenal, getting a draw is a really good result.

With Yaya, Jovetic and Fernando out with Mangala not up to speed yet - I'll take that result.

CityFan94 said:
Good result.

I thought the first goal was going to be absolutely vital in this game. Once Aguero put us 1-0 up, I thought we'd won it. Expected a performance similar to Newcastle where we were solid and just rode the game out.

When Arsenal went 2-1 up, I was stunned. It's very unlike us to concede a lead like that. It must have only happened a handful of times in the last 18 months.

I am not meaning to sound like an old bitter cynic, but I wasn't remotely surprised. After being 1-0 up last season and completely bossing the game only to concede. And bearing in mind our underwhelming record at the Emirates, I was expecting it.

As I said before the game and elsewhere in the thread, 1 point is a decent if slightly disappointing, result.

Wreckless Alec said:
eastmanc said:
munster said:
There's a 'holier than thou' arrogance about everything to do with Arsenal. Partly a London thing of course. Spend most of my time there and they've got a hell of a fan base, but their criticism of any club not operated along their lines is breathtaking. They plead poverty and moan about other clubs' owners' largesse and excessive spending, while their own majority shareholders have trousered huge profits on share sales rather than leveraging and putting money into the club for transfers etc.

I've already had work colleagues saying they ought to have won on Saturday. We weren't at our best admittedly, but we came away with a point against a team we will beat at home; therein lies the difference between us and the Gunners at the moment.....oh and the £200m training facility we're about to move into ;0)

Tell your work mates that you are gutted that we didn't win as we dominated the possession of the ball, hit the post twice, missed a gilt edged chance in the last minute, should have a penalty and both Arsenal goals were subject to fouls.
That should piss them off.

And all that whilst having to field a 34 year old free loan signing in midfield due to an injury crisis !

Plus the corrupt cartel FFP agenda restrictions..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.