Arsenal Vs City Post Match Thread

Ok, 24 hours to get some distance on that one. Still many, many regrets — the three points were begging for us to take them, even over on that madhouse that is RAWK they were all saying as much (also raving about Kompany and Silva, hmm, maybe I should take a harder look at those two, might not be as good as I think…)
But to get some perspective on this. At exactly this point last year we had played four: W 2, D 1, L1. i.e. exactly the same record. Now of course the Stoke result was shit, but was it really that much worse than losing to Cardiff (who were relegated without further ado)? Yeah, it's probably worse, but not by much. And if our four main rivals are United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, well, we saw off the dippers without breaking too much sweat, and as we've just seen, we could easily have beaten the Arse at their place. So beating or nearly beating two of our main rivals offsets the Stoke result to some extent, and leaves us in a similar (if not better) position than last year. Chelsea don't frighten me as much as they seem to frighten the media, somehow — there's clearly something seriously wrong with that defence, even if the attack is functioning — and we can definitely do them next Sunday. It's not a six point game. It's a nine point game! Main thing is, we're some considerable way from being at our best, in all four games played so far. I'm certain that we're going to come to the boil in the not very distant future, whereas Chelsea look as though they're already pretty much at their best. For once, I'll be in the CB stand. Bring on the chavs, I say…

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Ok, 24 hours to get some distance on that one. Still many, many regrets — the three points were begging for us to take them, even over on that madhouse that is RAWK they were all saying as much (also raving about Kompany and Silva, hmm, maybe I should take a harder look at those two, might not be as good as I think…)
But to get some perspective on this. At exactly this point last year we had played four: W 2, D 1, L1. i.e. exactly the same record. Now of course the Stoke result was shit, but was it really that much worse than losing to Cardiff (who were relegated without further ado)? Yeah, it's probably worse, but not by much. And if our four main rivals are United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, well, we saw off the dippers without breaking too much sweat, and as we've just seen, we could easily have beaten the Arse at their place. So beating or nearly beating two of our main rivals offsets the Stoke result to some extent, and leaves us in a similar (if not better) position than last year. Chelsea don't frighten me as much as they seem to frighten the media, somehow — there's clearly something seriously wrong with that defence, even if the attack is functioning — and we can definitely do them next Sunday. It's not a six point game. It's a nine point game! Main thing is, we're some considerable way from being at our best, in all four games played so far. I'm certain that we're going to come to the boil in the not very distant future, whereas Chelsea look as though they're already pretty much at their best. For once, I'll be in the CB stand. Bring on the chavs, I say…

Interestingly enough, when the fixture list came out I was talking to one of my sons, and we were agreeing that perhaps so many games so early on against our title rivals wasn't such a bad thing. The world cp always mucks up pre-season, but it does for all "top"teams so you're playing teams with the same problems as you, whereas Stoke have had a fairly normal pre-season, were raring to go and keen to take a big scalp...

Now that the dust has settled, I have to agree with everything you have said.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

I agree too. Villa, Swansea and Southampton are in the top 4 at the moment. They won't be for much longer. We are currently 2nd in the table that matters and with the games we have had that's a decent start.

I do think we certainly can't afford to lose at home to Chelsea though. That would be a poor start if we do that and 8 points behind them isn't great whichever way you look at it.

I thought it was a very good point for us and if not for some poor refereeing decisions, would of been three.

Impressed with Lampard, Milner, Navas and Clichy who I thought all stated their claim for a first-team spot. We have to remember that we've had internationals coming back at different times from the World Cup, which played a massive effect in our defeat to Stoke. The squad we have is still the best in the league IMO despite loosing Negredo, and we will prove it against Chelsea.

I thought from Aguero "s goal we more or less edged it and played some great stuff The pace of Navas is frightening and Arsenal struggled to combat it If being critical I just think he can be more savvy with his final pass ala like the opener yesterday, Defence is a slight worry as we do tend to be a little sloppy , full marks to Demi for his goal and its a credit to his continued good form that we are all not shouting for the appearance of Mangala Clichy Kolo have all upped their game , but we seem still fragile at conceding the odd blumer Finally Merlin, who imho should be scoring more than he does he frustrates because he gets into some many fabulous positions if only he can be more clinical he would be a 12-15 goal a season being over critical? NO I just want the best player ive seen in a blue shirt to add a few more

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

According to the press we are playing for second place

@BluePhil8 said:
Let's not forget that it was Clattenburg's first ever Premier League game where he disallowed Pedro Mendes' famous goal that was a meter over the line at Old Trafford.

He was suspended by the FA pending a probe into his business affairs.

"How do you work with Craig Bellamy all week?" he asked our coaching staff before sending Bellamy off against Spurs for a "dive" which wasn't a dive. Bellamy got a lump kicked out of him.

Back to Old Trafford in 2010 where Nani took a Spurs free kick awarded for a United hand ball. Nani scored in the open goal and Clattenburg gave it.

Mikel and Lallana have complained about personal abuse from Clattenburg.

Oh yeah, there is also that infamous Stamford Bridge game where Torres was horrifically fouled by Johnny Evans and was sent off for diving. United went on to win the game by scoring 2 offside goals.

This man is a disgrace to the game. He is a cheat. He has favoured United throughout his career and it must have been with the biggest regret of his life when he had to send off Evans in our 6-1 drubbing off his favourite team.

I'd also like to add that the BBC are supposed to be a cooperation without bias. I pay a TV liscence so why did they only analyse Arsenal's defensive mistakes before highlighting how excellent Wilshere and Sanchez are? No mention of Pellegrini bollocking the ref. No Kompany VT. Just shit southern loving arse holes.
That's the one.

Wish we could have put this one away feel like we deserved to win in the second half. I wish Kolarov was playing as leftback think he could have stopped Wilshere's goal. What was Clichy doing just stepping in like that and if your going to step in like that give the penalty away at least. Disgrace defending by Clichy. MOTM for me was either Ferna or Milner both played their hearts out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.