Arsenal Vs City Post Match Thread

There's a 'holier than thou' arrogance about everything to do with Arsenal. Partly a London thing of course. Spend most of my time there and they've got a hell of a fan base, but their criticism of any club not operated along their lines is breathtaking. They plead poverty and moan about other clubs' owners' largesse and excessive spending, while their own majority shareholders have trousered huge profits on share sales rather than leveraging and putting money into the club for transfers etc.

I've already had work colleagues saying they ought to have won on Saturday. We weren't at our best admittedly, but we came away with a point against a team we will beat at home; therein lies the difference between us and the Gunners at the moment.....oh and the £200m training facility we're about to move into ;0)

munster said:
There's a 'holier than thou' arrogance about everything to do with Arsenal. Partly a London thing of course. Spend most of my time there and they've got a hell of a fan base, but their criticism of any club not operated along their lines is breathtaking. They plead poverty and moan about other clubs' owners' largesse and excessive spending, while their own majority shareholders have trousered huge profits on share sales rather than leveraging and putting money into the club for transfers etc.

I've already had work colleagues saying they ought to have won on Saturday. We weren't at our best admittedly, but we came away with a point against a team we will beat at home; therein lies the difference between us and the Gunners at the moment.....oh and the £200m training facility we're about to move into ;0)

Tell your work mates that you are gutted that we didn't win as we dominated the possession of the ball, hit the post twice, missed a gilt edged chance in the last minute, should have a penalty and both Arsenal goals were subject to fouls.
That should piss them off.

eastmanc said:
munster said:

Tell your work mates that you are gutted that we didn't win as we dominated the possession of the ball, hit the post twice, missed a gilt edged chance in the last minute, should have a penalty and both Arsenal goals were subject to fouls.

And all that whilst having to field a 34 year old free loan signing in midfield due to an injury crisis !

munster said:

Or just tell your mate that the actual starting squads transfer fees on Saturday where. City £135 million and arsenal £126 million. Not quite the huge gulf that most believe it would be.

Wreckless Alec said:
eastmanc said:
munster said:

And all that whilst having to field a 34 year old free loan signing in midfield due to an injury crisis !

34? He f**king wishes!.. Lampard turned 36 in June!

Tony fucking Cascarino on SSN morning review just reviewed all the incidents:
No foul on Aguerro for the first Arsenal goal.
No foul on Kompany for Arsenals second - apparently it wasn't a big enough shove to be a foul and we wouldn't want to be deprived of such a wonderful finish because of a foul would we!!!!
It wasn't a penalty by Wilshere as he wasn't looking at the ball and din't know where it was - they illustrated this by showing a still photograph of the point of contact and replayed the VT of well..... Wilshere moving his arm towards the ball, clearly arming it away off a City player and all while looking directly at it all in clear view of the linesman!!!

Sorry Tony you made a right twat of yourself! - actually I'm not sorry at all!

They managed to fit this in around the total wankfest over Uniteds 4 - 0 twatting of Rio - he's past its' QPR promoted via the play off final to this division last year. Strangely they didn't mention the price of the squads in comparison once, refer to them as moneybags Man United or indicate they might be trying to buy the league.

It was a pretty even match to be fair,but after the equaliser by demi we deserved to win.We really pushed for that third goal and had more clear cut chances.Silva and dzeko should have buried those,how on earth could they miss such easy chances is beyond me.It was encouraging though to see kolarov,navas and samir all trying to shoot from outside the box instead of tippy tapping with it.

pikku said:
It was a pretty even match to be fair,but after the equaliser by demi we deserved to win.We really pushed for that third goal and had more clear cut chances.Silva and dzeko should have buried those,how on earth could they miss such easy chances is beyond me.It was encouraging though to see kolarov,navas and samir all trying to shoot from outside the box instead of tippy tapping with it.

FFS They didn't miss. Arsenal goalkeeper pulled off 2 good saves. But I'm sure you would have buried both ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pikku said:

FFS They didn't miss. Arsenal goalkeeper pulled off 2 good saves. But I'm sure you would have buried both ;-)
Oh go away...lolz..just pissed off that we didn't win..But still feel those were pretty simple chances to put to bed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.