Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a pub for the CITY fans recommended?

Of course it will need to be one that is open early!!

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Mister Appointment said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
I'm not expecting anything from this game, I fancy our chances against Chelsea at home more

So if we do get anything at all from Arsenal away it will be a plus for me

At least a couple of my mates think the same, which I find a bit strange. I think we've gotten inside the Arsenal players' heads the same way in which we've gotten inside the head of the rags in the last few seasons. It'll take us shooting ourselves in the foot ala Van Persie's free kick to drop points. Otherwise I can only see a City win. We're far too strong for them. They're not even as good a side as Liverpool IMO.

I think if it was at ours i'd agree, I just get the feeling they are gonna be a different animal this season...and their charity shield win over us, no matter how insignificant, would have instilled the belief in them that we are beatable

Stoke just reminded us of that.

Arsenal Suffer Huge Injury Scare Ahead Of Crucial Manchester City Clash

Aaron Ramsey took a knock during Wales' Euro 2016 qualifier with Andorra...

Aaron Ramsey limped out of Wales' Euro 2016 qualifier against Andorra on Tuesday evening, to give Arsenal a huge injury scare ahead of their crucial Premier League clash with Manchester City.

Ramsey was substituted in the fourth minute of added time during his side's 2-1 win, and is now a doubt for the Gunners next match, which takes place on Saturday lunchtime.

Reports in the Daily Mail suggest that the midfielder appeared to sustain an ankle knock while battling for the ball with an opposing defender.

According to the source, the Gunners star was seen moments later sitting on the Wales bench, with a team physio applying an ice pack to the 23-year-old's foot.

Wales manager Chris Coleman refused to be drawn on any possible injury Ramsey had picked up, using his post-match interview to talk about the 3G pitch which Wales badly struggled on, as two Gareth Bale goals prevented an almighty upset in the Group B opener.

The home side opened the scoring within the first five minutes, netting their first competitive goal in four years from the penalty spot, before the world's most expensive player hauled his team back into the match.

<a class="postlink" href="http://app.caughtoffside.com/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fgoonernews.com%2F#article/caughtoffside-418764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://app.caughtoffside.com/?referrer= ... ide-418764</a>

Important we bounce back straight away.

Can't afford to let Chelsea get a 6 point break on us so early in the season.

Community Shield was a big disappointment, luckily that didnt matter much. ut we have to be much more ready and up for this game on Saturday as its not a neutral stadium.

Dont want Nasri to start, the constant "boo" clearly works againts him maybe againts the whole side too sometimes. Would start with Silva-Yaya-Navas att. midfield line, Agüero on top, and Fernando-Fernandinho doing the work behind them vs Arsenal's packed midfield.

Pretty sure I dont want us to start with two attackers as Arsenal really good and technical and fast in midfield and Yaya yet to show he is 100% ready in fitness.

Demichelis will start probably but Mangala has to start logically at least one game in this 3 upcoming big games, I still think Arsenal will be the easiest of all.
He is clearly not first choice for France and wont become that from City bench. Once he starts games at City and performs very well he will play more for France too probably.
If we only risk him vs Sheffield in Capital Cup thats a bit interesting to me as he is not injured. He doesnt have full match fitness but he wont have if we dont throw him in.
Nastasic also there but dont think we will see him a lot.

Was far from impressed in our game vs Arsenal in Comm. Shield but also the 1-1 game at Emirates last season. We got the lead but then we just couldnt raise our game while they could even tho we had the title chances while they were dropping serious points around that time, and they nearly won that game after our lead.

Minimum expectation is a draw (most probable outcome btw.). In PL era we have one win away at Arsenal in league. Two years ago when Koscielny got a red already in 10th minute.

mancity1 said:

I think 6, even 9 points, at this stage of the season is utterly irrelevant. If anything I think we showed last season that coming from behind suits us because it keeps others in the headlines whilst we quietly go about our business.

Having said that i obviously think we'll beat Arsenal.

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:

I think 6, even 9 points, at this stage of the season is utterly irrelevant. If anything I think we showed last season that coming from behind suits us because it keeps others in the headlines whilst we quietly go about our business.

Having said that i obviously think we'll beat Arsenal.

My thoughts exactly...A fellow blue in my office goes as far as to say if we lose to Arsenal and Chelsea next week we have lost the league already

Preposterous notion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.