Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Fernandinho only played 15 minutes for Brazil, so I guess jet lag could affect him more than actual fatigue, but he might be OK to play even on short notice. Yaya, though, plays this afternoon, giving him awfully little recovery time. He will play anyway since Yaya is never dropped, but a 3-man midfield would be advisable I think.

I'd be tempted to start Lampard as he's used to playing the gooners under hostile atmosphere. There are issues with all 3 of our central midfielders so wouldn't surprise me if Fat Frank got the nod.
arsenal...hostile atmosphere , lol

i8rags said:
Vienna_70 said:
Providing everybody is fit - Jovetić apart - I think it would be extremely prudent to play three in midfield and only one out-and-out forward:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Touré

Nasri
Silva
Agüero

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Navas, Džeko

This would also give the midfield three the chance to play together before Bayern and Chelsea.
Fact, this all day.

I wouldn't start Nasri, I just think the hostile atmopshere affects him too much. Milner or Navas for me.

Team Pellegrini will pick

____________Hart___________

_zab___Kom__Demch_clichy

_____Fernandinho_Yaya____

_______Silva____Nasri______

_____Aguero___Dzeko______

This team will get beat in my opinion..

This one won't

____________Hart___________

_zab___Kom__Demch_clichy

___Milner____Fernandinho__

___Navas_______Silva______

_________Yaya_____________

___________Aguero_________

Fernandinho was gash when he came on for Fernando against Stoke. Doesn't look ready to me and after a flight back from Brazil I would say no to him. Hopefully Fernando will be fit.

Hart
Zab
Clichy
Kompany
Mangala (surely he is fit now!)
Fernando
Yaya
Milner
silva
Aguero
Dzeko

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Fernandinho was gash when he came on for Fernando against Stoke. Doesn't look ready to me and after a flight back from Brazil I would say no to him. Hopefully Fernando will be fit.

Hart
Zab
Clichy
Kompany
Mangala (surely he is fit now!)
Fernando
Yaya
Milner
silva
Aguero
Dzeko

I'd pick and Pellegrini would pick Fernando but isn't he injured?

Funny how no one wants Nasri to play this game but we just know pellegrini does not drop him. A passenger in the first 3 games this season. It's time to give Milner or navas a go. Quite surprised to see him having a party holiday in Ibiza after only 3 games of the season also.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Funny how no one wants Nasri to play this game but we just know pellegrini does not drop him. A passenger in the first 3 games this season. It's time to give Milner or navas a go. Quite surprised to see him having a party holiday in Ibiza after only 3 games of the season also.

Yep I"m not picking him just based on his previous games against arsenal where he is a passenger and the booing does get to him! Pellegrini will pick him and it will be like playing with 10 men

Ireland_for_pm said:
He's not played for two weeks so will be fully rested and raring to go. Not a chance he'll be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.