Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benarbia said:
The only thing that scares me is their pace

We won't play a high line away from home against Arsenal.

I still see Arsenal scoring but I do think if we play three in midfield we can grind a result out.

This idea of going 442 and being battered doesn't make any sense ! it depends on the players you have and the way you are playing 2 upfront pressing you can play with 6 in the mid doesn't mean you are you going to win

As for Nasri well 3 games there in all of them he was a passenger

Hart

Zaba Kompany Demichelis Clichy

Navas Milner Fernandinho Yaya Silva

Aguero

If Fernando is fit he replaces Milner and changes places with Fernandinho. 1 up top for me save Dzeko for Munich can't see Aguero playing 3 huge games in 8 days. Aguero for Arsenal & Chelsea.

We can beat these we owe them for all the giddyness after the Charity Shield.

Arsenal 1 (Welbeck) Man City 2 (Aguero, Yaya)

Just know Welshite is gunna score.

abHB1Wzajq.png

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Clichy, Navas, Nasri, Aguero.

There is no way we should go to the emirates and play a two man midfield. If we play Yaya and Fernando together with no other CM, then we are just gifting them 3 points. Look what happened in the CS. We always struggle when we are away from home and play a two man midfield against a good team.

Yaya isn't the best defensive MF player especially at his age and he tends to get overrun when he is part of a midfield two

i would like to this line up...

Fernado - Milner
Silva Navas
Agüero Toure

I think Toure behind Aguero may work..

I have changed my mind on Demichelis starting, I think we might have to play Mangala for his pace alongside Clichy, this will give him a trial run for the likely selection of dealing with Robben away at Bayern.

If Fernando is out I would like Milner to start, Frank for me will be used as an impact sub more than anything whilst at City so I don't see him starting.

------------------------Hart-----------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Mangala--Clichy
------------------Fernandinho-----------------
----------Yaya---------------------Milner-------
Navas-------------Aguero---------------Silva

That's a strong and athletic selection with pace and power both in attack and in defence.

Does anyone know if Gibbs is injured? If Monreal is playing I think Navas can eat him up on the right. We need to counter quickly at get at their back line so hopefully Navas and Aguero. Clichy plays for me to try and deal with Sanchez and maybe Milner to help out as well.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva Milner
Aguero

Not an easy game. They raise their game at home vs us, try to prove something and we rarely win there anyway. Would say based on this it will be a draw or a loss.The Wembley game was awful from us huge improvement needed on that for sure.

With the Stoke loss I wants us to win at least one of the Arsenal&Chelsea games, and hopefully we draw the other in worst case.

Dont really know what is our form, Newcastle, Pool, Stoke games are hardly showed it apart from that in some periods of the game we can play at100% potential but not most of the game for sure. Pellegrini needs to use this few days he has with full squad to make sure we are tactically/mentally ready for the huge week coming up, winning at least any two of the 3 games would be great but dropping points in all 3 games would be bad unless its maybe 3 draws which is not that likely.

Arsenal play 4231 with very fast wingplay and also now Welbeck has huge speed so that is sure we cant let them run at our defence, we have to start deeper maybe even try to counter them with Navas, Agüero in the team and also Yaya in an advanced position.

I think it would be the perfect match to use the midfield trio of Fernandinho/Reges/Yaya, as long as they are all match fit. We need men in the middle vs Arsenal that are ready to run the full 90 minutes or we put way too much pressure on the defence vs fast players like Sanchez, Özil etc.

Its a huge week, mentally its important to start it with a good result, even a draw can be good maybe unless its a 2-0 lead fucked up and finished 2-2.

I would play Clichy/Zabaleta in fullback positions, Kompany-Mangala in CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.