Arsene Wenger: Uefa must come down hard on Man City

EalingBlue2 said:
blueincy said:
It's crystal Sinclair when your pissed. So I must be a rag for questioning the behind the scenes integrity of people on here. Didn't the club employe the UEFA FFP guys? If we are in so much breach of them so much, why?
Have to say Wenger is far less hypocritical on this than most of the managers at big clubs, I think he does genuinely believe in sustainability and honestly this attitude is what has held arsenal back and is a problem for them. I disagree with him but I actually think it is not hypocrisy even if it is very wrong. He should also worry about his own team and mind his own business a bit more ie worry about how his team has slumped so much.

Way too much talk at the moment about FFP and money - we should be thinking about Everton and putting energy into what is important ie winning GE league

'far less hypocritical on this than most’? He's happy to sell £70m of ‘talent’ to us which in turn is used to pay off debt and finance The Emirates stadium but he’s not happy with us spending large amounts of money in the first place, one presumes, because we haven’t generated it from a big new stadium where we charge the punters fortunes to get in to. Can you imaging what he’d be saying if we’d have trousered Arsenal with players sales and used it it build a stadium and then, in turn, built a team which won the league? He’d be bleating about us taking advantage of Arsenal’s financial power etc.

He’s either a hypocrite of the very highest order, or he’s a dim, confused old fucker with a very dubious history. Most likely, he’s bitter at our success and his lack of it of late and is clutching at anything he thinks could bring back the glory days for him.

All this success for City and Operation Yew Tree constantly in the news must be really stressful for the Old French wanker.

Infinitely important than this Frog no-mark is todays game - COME ON YOU BLUES.

Hung said:
EalingBlue2 said:
blueincy said:
It's crystal Sinclair when your pissed. So I must be a rag for questioning the behind the scenes integrity of people on here. Didn't the club employe the UEFA FFP guys? If we are in so much breach of them so much, why?
Have to say Wenger is far less hypocritical on this than most of the managers at big clubs, I think he does genuinely believe in sustainability and honestly this attitude is what has held arsenal back and is a problem for them. I disagree with him but I actually think it is not hypocrisy even if it is very wrong. He should also worry about his own team and mind his own business a bit more ie worry about how his team has slumped so much.

Way too much talk at the moment about FFP and money - we should be thinking about Everton and putting energy into what is important ie winning GE league

'far less hypocritical on this than most’? He's happy to sell £70m of ‘talent’ to us which in turn is used to pay off debt and finance The Emirates stadium but he’s not happy with us spending large amounts of money in the first place, one presumes, because we haven’t generated it from a big new stadium where we charge the punters fortunes to get in to. Can you imaging what he’d be saying if we’d have trousered Arsenal with players sales and used it it build a stadium and then, in turn, built a team which won the league? He’d be bleating about us taking advantage of Arsenal’s financial power etc.

He’s either a hypocrite of the very highest order, or he’s a dim, confused old fucker with a very dubious history. Most likely, he’s bitter at our success and his lack of it of late and is clutching at anything he thinks could bring back the glory days for him.

All this success for City and Operation Yew Tree constantly in the news must be really stressful for the Old French wanker.

Infinitely important than this Frog no-mark is todays game - COME ON YOU BLUES.

It's okay to borrow money you don't have to buy a new stadium but it's not okay to invest in new players to play better football?

The mans a ****

Fuck him. As I've said plenty of times on here, that **** is 100% responsible for the Rags getting to 20. He gave up on the league, and other trophies, because he wanted to balance his books - he's not 'the professor' he's 'the accountant'. Rolled over in the face of the enemy and got his tummy tickled, to such an extent that even GPC gave up haranguing him in the press. He'll bleat on about FFP just to obscure his own failings..fucking **** of the highest order.

Even worse, is that their lap dog fans have fallen for the shite, hook, line and sinker. They are actually worse than him, as they've bought the lie. They see 4th as success.........£1000+ for a season ticket to fight for 4th place in the league, and not for glory, but to help 'the accountant' balance his books with CL money. This lot should be asking questions, but instead they just make a fucking Olympic sport out of hating their ex players, and hating little City because we've now taken on the Rags and fucking seen them off - exactly what they should have done.

WENGER = ****
ARSENAL FANS = CUNTS

malg said:
Fuck him. As I've said plenty of times on here, that **** is 100% responsible for the Rags getting to 20. He gave up on the league, and other trophies, because he wanted to balance his books - he's not 'the professor' he's 'the accountant'. Rolled over in the face of the enemy and got his tummy tickled, to such an extent that even GPC gave up haranguing him in the press. He'll bleat on about FFP just to obscure his own failings..fucking **** of the highest order.

Even worse, is that their lap dog fans have fallen for the shite, hook, line and sinker. They are actually worse than him, as they've bought the lie. They see 4th as success.........£1000+ for a season ticket to fight for 4th place in the league, and not for glory, but to help 'the accountant' balance his books with CL money. This lot should be asking questions, but instead they just make a fucking Olympic sport out of hating their ex players, and hating little City because we've now taken on the Rags and fucking seen them off - exactly what they should have done.

WENGER = ****
ARSENAL FANS = CUNTS

I agree with a fair bit of that but I don't think selling players if you believe in sustainability is hypocritical it is doing what you say

What Wenger has done though is bad for arsenal, bad for their fans, bad for their team and is also in its own way damaging. Ie stealing other teams kids for 500k is just as harmful as stealing their starts for 30m - I prefer wengers attitude to their fans and owners as at least with him I believe what he says the fans would sell their grand to spend 200m in a summer and are just the most bitter fans in football nowadays - now there is hypocrisy

EalingBlue2 said:
malg said:

WENGER = ****
ARSENAL FANS = CUNTS

I agree with a fair bit of that but I don't think selling players if you believe in sustainability is hypocritical it is doing what you say

What Wenger has done though is bad for arsenal, bad for their fans, bad for their team and is also in its own way damaging. Ie stealing other teams kids for 500k is just as harmful as stealing their starts for 30m - I prefer wengers attitude to their fans and owners as at least with him I believe what he says the fans would sell their grand to spend 200m in a summer and are just the most bitter fans in football nowadays - now there is hypocrisy

Agree with you about Arsenal fans.

But how hypocritical is it that Wenger thinks it's morally reprehensible for someone, who obviously can afford it and is not laying debt onto the club, to invest in his own club and players, paying them big salaries, but then on the other hand turn around and receive the highest pay for a manager while charging their fans the highest ticket prices in England? All the while preaching about sustainability, moral obligation to fans etc, etc.

It would be one thing if the savings he earned his club were passed on to their fans in some way, but in the end it's all for the benefit of Arsenal shareholders and his own sense of superiority.

I'm not feeling the love here guys.

I'm not here to defend Wenger but don't you think you're over reacting a bit?

Whatever UEFA does or doesn't do is not going to be influenced one iota by Wenger.

So, chill.

PS I hope you beat Everton tonight btw<br /><br />-- Sat May 03, 2014 11:39 am --<br /><br />
SunJihai said:
EalingBlue2 said:
malg said:

WENGER = ****
ARSENAL FANS = CUNTS

Agree with you about Arsenal fans.

But how hypocritical is it that Wenger thinks it's morally reprehensible for someone, who obviously can afford it and is not laying debt onto the club, to invest in his own club and players, paying them big salaries, but then on the other hand turn around and receive the highest pay for a manager while charging their fans the highest ticket prices in England? All the while preaching about sustainability, moral obligation to fans etc, etc.

It would be one thing if the savings he earned his club were passed on to their fans in some way, but in the end it's all for the benefit of Arsenal shareholders and his own sense of superiority.

All generalisations are wrong, for example, I am completely different to Piers Morgan.

It's not the place of a football manager to make statements of that nature.

It doesn't make him a hypocrite, as he genuinely believes in self-sustainability. His rejection of PSG's advances and his opposition to Usmanov joining the AFC board are evidence of that.

I just want to clarify something about Fiszman and the 50 million.

50 million at the time constituted more than half of Fiszman's worth. He did not spend it on footballers. It was spent on acquiring the majority shareholding in the club. He also underwrote (guaranteed) the Bergkamp fee. That's it.

For evidence Arsenal's accounts from that period are freely available. There is no 50 million outside investment, no matter how often it is repeated on Bluemoon (based on a Tony Adams quote of all sources).

Even the Bergkamp fee was ultimately paid by the club. The likes of Henry, Pires and the new training ground were financed by player sales (Anelka) and increasing revenues. Again the audited club accounts bear testimony to this.

Fiszman did change the culture of the club though. Previously run by generations of Old Etonians as a hobby, it now became more business like.

I have no beef with the City way, the PSG way or the Chelsea way, nor do I think everything at AFC is wonderful. Apart from the ticket prices there is the trophy drought. In the decade pre-Fiszman/Bergkamp/Wenger the club won a lot of trophies. Over the last decade it obviously hasn't.

Everyone is entitled to opinions, but the often peddled line that Fiszman was no different to the Royal families at City and PSG or Mr Abramovich at Chelsea is factually wrong, no matter how often it is repeated.

I hope the moderators will allow this post to stand.

Cheers.

Gillespie said:

Whatever UEFA does or doesn't do is not going to be influenced one iota by Wenger.
You've summed up why we're annoyed. It's got nothing to do with him so he should keep his big mouth shut. He's also a representative of one of the old G14, who wanted FFP as a quid pro quo for (supposedly) disbanding to ensure no one could challenge them.

To turn it on its head, how would you feel if, every day, you read about Pellegrini or Soriano criticising Stan Kroenke, calling Usmanov a crook, saying that Arsenal shareholders have taken plenty out and put fuck all in or calling Wenger for failure to deliver trophies? I suspect your reaction would be pretty similar to ours.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Gillespie said:

You've summed up why we're annoyed. It's got nothing to do with him so he should keep his big mouth shut. He's also a representative of one of the old G14, who wanted FFP as a quid pro quo for (supposedly) disbanding to ensure no one could challenge them.

To turn it on its head, how would you feel if, every day, you read about Pellegrini or Soriano criticising Stan Kroenke, calling Usmanov a crook, saying that Arsenal shareholders have taken plenty out and put fuck all in or calling Wenger for failure to deliver trophies? I suspect your reaction would be pretty similar to ours.

Spot on.

Constellation said:
It's not the place of a football manager to make statements of that nature.

It doesn't make him a hypocrite, as he genuinely believes in self-sustainability. His rejection of PSG's advances and his opposition to Usmanov joining the AFC board are evidence of that.

I just want to clarify something about Fiszman and the 50 million.

50 million at the time constituted more than half of Fiszman's worth. He did not spend it on footballers. It was spent on acquiring the majority shareholding in the club. He also underwrote (guaranteed) the Bergkamp fee. That's it.

For evidence Arsenal's accounts from that period are freely available. There is no 50 million outside investment, no matter how often it is repeated on Bluemoon (based on a Tony Adams quote of all sources).

Even the Bergkamp fee was ultimately paid by the club. The likes of Henry, Pires and the new training ground were financed by player sales (Anelka) and increasing revenues. Again the audited club accounts bear testimony to this.

Fiszman did change the culture of the club though. Previously run by generations of Old Etonians as a hobby, it now became more business like.

I have no beef with the City way, the PSG way or the Chelsea way, nor do I think everything at AFC is wonderful. Apart from the ticket prices there is the trophy drought. In the decade pre-Fiszman/Bergkamp/Wenger the club won a lot of trophies. Over the last decade it obviously hasn't.

Everyone is entitled to opinions, but the often peddled line that Fiszman was no different to the Royal families at City and PSG or Mr Abramovich at Chelsea is factually wrong, no matter how often it is repeated.

I hope the moderators will allow this post to stand.

Cheers.

Dress it up however you want but Fitzmans cash injection is the very reason you were able to challenge at the top.

Ditto Sheik Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.