Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

Fair do's, to me it says one thing... Pep has no plans to leave anytime soon. It is only fair Mikel gets to test himself as a manager after his tutelage with the master.

I'm curious, why does it say that to you?

but its a gamble signing arteta, and i feel arsenal can not take that sort of gamble because your in a mess already and it needs a manager with knowledge and building a squad,i have a lot of respect to the arsenal and when your lot was in your prime you played the game in the right way just like city and pep do today

but arsenal have a bigger problem than the moaning fans on AFTV and its being left behind the others and i think its to late to fix, and it will take a bigger and better and time as manager than arteta will get at arsenal, like i said 5 or 6 clubs are in a better place then arsenal, and any improvement in arsenal will not see them over take them because your in a mess and that does not get fixed over night or in a couple of season

long term should be arsenal future, forget short term fix with a up and coming coach ? the fans want success right now and demand it because of this we are a top club in the world, but it will be 2020 in a couple of weeks and when was the last title won ?? its not a switch you can turn on or off ? in football you have your time and prime and somebody else comes along and takes over

just look at liverpool 28 years since there last title nearly 30 years, ok they have been picking up silverware and success in europe in them 30 years but its the league title they judge you on, and if liverpool can go 30 years without the title then what for arsenal ?? that is the question

I know how far we have fallen mate, mind you a lot can change in football in a short space of time. Only 3 years ago we finished 2nd behind Leicester in the league, & now we're struggling for a top 6 finish. Likewise Leicester were in a similar position in February and are now 2nd in the league. Sometimes a club can seem in disarray, & the right appointment can get them at least going in the right direction again. Sometimes it's not about personnel (although in our case we need more), sometimes its just about getting the team set up properly, playing players in positions they feel comfortable in & winning a few games, building some confidence & in turn building momentum.

Sometimes i think we over complicate things. Again, look at Leicester, i certainly dont think Rodgers is some sort of tactical genius. At Newcastle, Rafa has cult status up there, seen as some sort of genius for keeping them in the league, along comes Steve Bruce & he's performing similar to him.

As for the title, i think every club can forget about that while Klopp & Pep are in the country. Both have their teams playing at different levels, getting points totals that not even the great Utd sides or the Invincibles could get.

I always though that Arsenal are a club that does everything by the board, and would have come to us to ask for permission to speak to Mikel Arteta. However according to most papers they have gone behind our backs, and approached him without our prior knowledge or asking our permission to do so. They are supposed to have done this straight after the game on Sunday night and gone to his home in Manchester to speak to him there. Without asking our boards permission. If what the papers printed are true then that is disgraceful behaviour from a club off Arsenal's standing in football Therefore should Arsenal give him the managers job, I would insist that the following clauses are put into any contract that Mikel Arteta will sign .

1st No other off our backroom staff is allowed to leave to join Arsenal.
2nd They are not allowed to buy any players be it from 12yrs old upto and including members of the first team squad as long as Mikel Arteta is any part of the coaching staff at Arsenal.
3rd The compensation must be at least £5million+
Should the board of Arsenal not agree to any of these clauses/terms then Mikel Arteta should not be allowed to leave us to join Arsenal. If Arsenal want him so badly they will agree to these clauses/terms into the contract to sign him.

I would also report the club both to the Premier League Board, The FA board and UEFA for tapping up Mikel Arteta without our prior knowledge, and for tapping him up. If afterall a club can be done for tapping up a player then a club should also be done for tapping up a manager.

I'm curious, why does it say that to you?
Just the idea he would have liked the setup we have and maybe fancied a go here after Pep. Arsenal are a middling club at the moment with no sign they will allow a full overhaul of the squad; which it seems they need should they want to be competative again any time soon.

Would be pretty surprising. I thought Arteta was married?
giphy.gif

i think Arteta will get arsenal challenging for the Top 4 again, but whether they can challenge for a title will depend on the investment strategy of the Arsenal board but also if the Arsenal fans can curb their ambitions in the short term and support Arteta through the initial growing pains of becoming competitive again.

First thing i'd do if i was Arteta would be to sit down with Arsenal Fan TV and offer them an ultimatum of changing their tact or face a backlash from the club, I feel like people's respect of Arsenal have dropped because of the post-match interviews on that youtube channel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.