Arteta

Darker shade of Blue said:
mat said:
rofl.gif

You can laugh, but you're talking about one of the best players in the Prem, and that type of quality doesn't come cheap, especially when City are the buyers.

Ding dong.

mat said:

You can laugh, but you're talking about one of the best players in the Prem, and that type of quality doesn't come cheap, especially when City are the buyers.

mate this season will be diff in the summer, we have alot more posistions tied up, and our manager is alot shrewder, than prev, doubt he;ll even go for arteta. i certainly dont want pienaar.

MCC said:
Sooner have Arteta over Pienaar. Is he the same player since his injury though Darker Shades?? 30M is a lot of money considering Alonso went for similar wonga and is younger.

Arteta is better than Pienaar, but don't let that go against the African. He is still class, and is getting better.

Arteta was on fire before he was injured, and was about to be called up to the Spanish side by all accounts which was unfortunate. At the time the presenters were in awe.

Since his injury, he has actually looked very good, and has been controlling things once again on the pitch, and chipped in with 5 or so goals.

He is generally Beckhamesque regarding free kicks, corners, and penalties, and a great passer of the ball, but he is also a good tackler.

You're talking about Evertons best player by a mile, and in a team that has the quality we have that isn't to be sniffed at. Pienaar only came into the forefront while Arteta was injured, but has been exellent, and was our player of the season.

Pienaar under contract would fetch around the 20 mill mark but Arteta is under contract and a step up in quality.

My own opinion is that he is probably the best player we have had at the club for some time, and if he played for a World class side would be constantly in the headlines.

I doubt Moyes would even sell him without resigning unless the fee was enormous. Without being biased, he is better than Alonso in many ways.<br /><br />-- Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHzPr4MNoP0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHzPr4MNoP0</a>

this is what I think. arteta is your best player by some distance.

pienaar is certainly a good player, technically very correct and very willing, but there are plenty of wingers-cum-attacking midfields who are primarily dribblers and do a bit of passing on the side. he has a lot of strengths but doesn't stand out at the higher levels.

arteta on the other hand is a bona-fide playmaker, one of the most accurate passers in the premiership and one of the most intelligent. he's very slow for a wide player, however, and he's short. he seems to lacks the ability to work as effectively in the centre of the park.

alonso is much taller and stronger, has a greater range of pass. he certainly has the knack of playing quarter-back, which makes him the most desirable sort of midfielder in the modern game. both he and arteta have great work rates and play very intelligently, but even so, alonso is/was more influential in the difficult position, and so is more valuable than arteta. the other factor is that arteta is not on mega-bucks and his contract is running down.

because of all of this, as much as I think he could be just what city need, I cannot see a situation where the price would over 18-21m. as someone else has said, hughes is long gone, we are unlikely to put everything into pursuing one player when there are alternatives... gourcuff for one has more flair and possibly even better passing, even if he suffers from the same lack of pace as arteta, as a much younger player he will fetch 20-28m.

Chick Counterfly said:

pienaar is certainly a good player, technically very correct and very willing, but there are plenty of wingers-cum-attacking midfields who are primarily dribblers and do a bit of passing on the side. he has a lot of strengths but doesn't stand out at the higher levels.

arteta on the other hand is a bona-fide playmaker, one of the most accurate passers in the premiership and one of the most intelligent. he's very slow for a wide player, however, and he's short. he seems to lacks the ability to work as effectively in the centre of the park.

alonso is much taller and stronger, has a greater range of pass. he certainly has the knack of playing quarter-back, which makes him the most desirable sort of midfielder in the modern game. both he and arteta have great work rates and play very intelligently, but even so, alonso is/was more influential in the difficult position, and so is more valuable than arteta. the other factor is that arteta is not on mega-bucks and his contract is running down.

because of all of this, as much as I think he could be just what city need, I cannot see a situation where the price would over 18-21m. as someone else has said, hughes is long gone, we are unlikely to put everything into pursuing one player when there are alternatives... gourcuff for one has more flair and possibly even better passing, even if he suffers from the same lack of pace as arteta, as a much younger player he will fetch 20-28m.

He played wide a few seasons ago.
His best position is central, and it is there that he has played for some time. With respect, I'm not sure if you know enough about the guy after reading that ( highlighted ) to make your verdict hold water.

He is 5ft 8. I think that is probably tall enough for a play maker lol. He rarely loses the ball.

Fabregas is likely to be sold for a sum in the reason of £80 million ( rediculous I agree ), so I really don't think £30 mill for a player of Arteta's quality is too much in comparison.

Arteta owns the Prem. Will Gourcuff?

Chick Counterfly said:

He played wide a few seasons ago.
His best position is central, and it is there that he has played for some time. With respect, I'm not sure if you know enough about the guy after reading that ( highlighted ) to make your verdict hold water.

He is 5ft 8. I think that is probably tall enough for a play maker lol. He rarely loses the ball.

Fabregas is likely to be sold for a sum in the reason of £80 million ( rediculous I agree ), so I really don't think £30 mill for a player of Arteta's quality is too much in comparison.

Arteta owns the Prem. Will Gourcuff?
I will bet you, Barca wont no where near pay that amount suggested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.