Arteta

Oasis_City said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Another reason for going in for Arteta (apart from him being a good Premier League player) is the fact he will now have achieved English citizenship and this will count with the home grown rule coming into force.

You need to be trained in England for 3 years before the age of 21 to be home grown.

I reckon a player could challenge that at some point in the European courts. Not only is it to some extent restricting trade for EU citizens within EU member states but if you also have a situation where a person who qualifies for British citizenship has his trade restricted within the UK then I reckon it could be challenged in the UK courts. I assume clubs have agreed to it and therefore will not challenge it but doesn't mean a player won't at some point.

Arteta was being looked at by the English management team as was Almunia for this World Cup as they have now both qualified because they have lived in this country for a set number of years.

If he can qualify for the national team he should be classed as an home grown player and any club with him in their ranks would surely state this.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Arteta was being looked at by the English management team as was Almunia for this World Cup as they have now both qualified because they have lived in this country for a set number of years.

If he can qualify for the national team he should be classed as an home grown player and any club with him in their ranks would surely state this.
Surely Arteta has already featured in the Spanish national team, hasn't he? If not, he should pack his bags for South Africa as he is just what England need.

Arteta as played for Spain under 21 but not the national team so as far as I know he can play for England if he meets the current criteria.

He should have gone to SA but IMO the FA have bottled it and don't want a player being called up who wasn't born in England or who has English parents.

Mike D said:
Why are we interested in taking Average/ Good players from mediocre premiership clubs and paying top dollar for them. I'd sooner go abroad and find someone better at a lower price.

Arteta is neither average or mediocre. He's class, and exactly the type of player we need. In a summer when we be will linked with every hype player and big name at the world cup it will be reassuring if we sign a player of his quality and professionalism.

Get it on, him over Gourcouff any day.

You'll have to pay through the nose for Mickey.
Chances are you could get Pienaar a bit cheaper. Not much difference in style or talent though Mickey has a bit more in his locker.

I reckon to get Arteta you would have to fork out over £30 mill as if we lost Pienaar, we would have little left regarding creative midfielders other than Arteta. He is also captain material.

I doubt he would look at City over Arsenal though and Spain would be his next destination if I were to guess. He loves Everton.

BTW ... Why the lost love with Ireland? I thought he was your star man.

Darker shade of Blue said:
I reckon to get Arteta you would have to fork out over £30 mill.
rofl.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.