Arteta

Why are we interested in taking Average/ Good players from mediocre premiership clubs and paying top dollar for them. I'd sooner go abroad and find someone better at a lower price.

Mike D said:
Why are we interested in taking Average/ Good players from mediocre premiership clubs and paying top dollar for them. I'd sooner go abroad and find someone better at a lower price.

What makes you think that we won't get over charged for players on the continent? Do you think they don't know about our owner's money? The only reason a player from abroad may be a bit cheaper is because of the rules that are coming in regarding how squads are made up. But in that sense, you are paying extra for an English player for a tangible reason and you can't then say that English players are over priced, just that we all have to revise our valuations of English players. I assume it will be the same in other countries and that Real for example will have to pay a premium for a player from Spain. More so here though because there seem to be so few decent English players.

Another reason for going in for Arteta (apart from him being a good Premier League player) is the fact he will now have achieved English citizenship and this will count with the home grown rule coming into force.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Another reason for going in for Arteta (apart from him being a good Premier League player) is the fact he will now have achieved English citizenship and this will count with the home grown rule coming into force.

You need to be trained in England for 3 years before the age of 21 to be home grown.

Oasis_City said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:

You need to be trained in England for 3 years before the age of 21 to be home grown.

Is Fabregas classed as home grown? I think he moved to Arsenal when he was 16 or something. If so then Arsenal are really shooting themselves by letting him leave.

ecviper said:
Oasis_City said:

Is Fabregas classed as home grown? I think he moved to Arsenal when he was 16 or something. If so then Arsenal are really shooting themselves by letting him leave.

Yep, he's classed as home grown.

ecviper said:
Oasis_City said:

Yep, he's home grown in England and Spain because he was at Barca for more than 3 years, I think.

LongsightM13 said:
wrongun73 said:
i cant see us going for arteta anyway.
ive got a sneaky feeling mancini has his eye on hamsik, whether he says he doesnt want him or not!
I agree with this. He was after Hamsik for two years when he was at Inter

exactly. you dont chase a player for 2 years then decide nah, he was shit anyway. not unless you've got someone better lined up, which arteta certainly isnt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.