Artificial Intelligence

The Frontzeck said:
Out of all the Sci-Fi films I’ve watched I think ‘Blade Runner’ is the most likely to come to fruition. Just think what will be available 4 or 5 hundred years from now. Maybe the perfect woman? Get bored just trade her in, or maybe have a selection of different heads and voices. Just think you will never have to give her the house and most of your pay when it goes wrong! This woman will be available one day, we will never see it but the marketing potential is huge.

You are kind of missing something out. It would need a logic engine. Thus be unlike any woman on earth and a lot like those "Ladies" In Bangkok.

YoungBlue said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19354994

Just read this article and it seems we're getting closer and closer to the possibility of AI's.
As a human race, I think we're incapable of developing these in a controlled environment as a well designed AI is expected to have the capability to self improve itself. Being technology at it's finest themselves, the risk of them surpassing all the constraints of human intelligence is more than possible.

Then what happens when an AI actually becomes smarter than a human? It will be impossible for any human to fully understand as they will then just keep improving itself as much as it possibly can, which could make it stupidly hard to predict, maybe understanding the laws of logic far better than any human can.

What does everyone else think about this? I hope I'm not the only one who gives a shit!

You should read 'The Ascent of Man'

ifwecouldjust...... said:
YoungBlue said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19354994

Just read this article and it seems we're getting closer and closer to the possibility of AI's.
As a human race, I think we're incapable of developing these in a controlled environment as a well designed AI is expected to have the capability to self improve itself. Being technology at it's finest themselves, the risk of them surpassing all the constraints of human intelligence is more than possible.

Then what happens when an AI actually becomes smarter than a human? It will be impossible for any human to fully understand as they will then just keep improving itself as much as it possibly can, which could make it stupidly hard to predict, maybe understanding the laws of logic far better than any human can.

What does everyone else think about this? I hope I'm not the only one who gives a shit!

You should read 'The Ascent of Man'

First published in 1973 to accompany the groundbreaking BBC television series, it is considered one of the first works of 'popular science', illuminating the historical and social context of scientific development for a generation of readers. In his highly accessible style, Dr Bronowski discusses human invention from the flint tool to geometry, agriculture to genetics, and from alchemy to the theory of relativity, showing how they all are expressions of our ability to understand and control nature.

Sounds relative to my interests, gonna have to be downloaded and put on my phone to read at work! Cheers for the suggestion mate

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The idea of machines rising up against humans is quite an interesting one. I'm surprised no-one's made a film about it.
Its amazing really we have had all these documentarys like I Robot, Terminator, TRON, The Matrix and Transformers but not 1 fantsy type movie on it

Damocles said:
You've pointed me towards a search engine. This isn't evidence. I want to know what your "lots of evidence" is specifically. I can't find your specific evidence because I don't know what evidence you specifically think you have.

It's like me saying "I am reading a good book" and then when you ask me which one, I tell you to Google it. There's millions of books, some of which may or may not be good, you have no way of knowing which one I mean unless you tell me.

You're too hung up on proof.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Damocles said:
You've pointed me towards a search engine. This isn't evidence. I want to know what your "lots of evidence" is specifically. I can't find your specific evidence because I don't know what evidence you specifically think you have.

It's like me saying "I am reading a good book" and then when you ask me which one, I tell you to Google it. There's millions of books, some of which may or may not be good, you have no way of knowing which one I mean unless you tell me.

No, I'm hung up on people spreading bullshit. And you're a bullshitter.

You made a statement that there is "lots of evidence" supporting something. I asked you to show it me. You have constantly refused. You've refused because you bullshitted when you claimed that there is "lots of evidence" supporting your idea. There's none. This is why you provide none.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
The idea of machines rising up against humans is quite an interesting one. I'm surprised no-one's made a film about it.
Its amazing really we have had all these documentarys like I Robot, Terminator, TRON, The Matrix and Transformers but not 1 fantsy type movie on it

'Fantasy' you ****.

Damocles said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Damocles said:

No, I'm hung up on people spreading bullshit. And you're a bullshitter.

You made a statement that there is "lots of evidence" supporting something. I asked you to show it me. You have constantly refused. You've refused because you bullshitted when you claimed that there is "lots of evidence" supporting your idea. There's none. This is why you provide none.

I'm not bullshitting. There's lots of evidence. I'm not serving it to you on a plate. Seek and you shall find.

I'm not spreading anything other than good vibes, positive thoughts and clean living.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm not bullshitting. There's lots of evidence. I'm not serving it to you on a plate. Seek and you shall find.

I'm not spreading anything other than good vibes, positive thoughts and clean living.

I've explained earlier why this is nonsense. You're full of shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.