Ashley Young the new Messi

Arsene said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Arsene said:
Young is a good player, but the 8-2 freak result which came under special circumstances have made him world class suddenly. He is the same player that played for Villa last season, you would think he became twice the player he was 3 months ago.

Also Young has throughout his career been a player who is in and out of form, he is in form right now. but few poor games the media will turn on him. its just the way media works. no need to get angry on the player, not like he's saying im the new messi

thanks for the advice, but the vast majority of city fans know exactly how it works without the aid of an arsenal fan to point it out . we`ve seen it all before, when average players go to the rags and turn into media world beaters in the space of a week.

so thanks but stick it
Young is not average...lets get real. And he's getting this hype because he has started the season very well. Im sorry, but the same thing happened with Aguerro after his debut....yes he's a great player. But I didnt see any of you complain about the hype he got after 1 game. this obsession with any positive hype United players get has to stop with you lot

So why isnt Dzeko getting the same media hype ?? Answers on a stamp..
And dont tell us what we should do on our own forum..There's a good tarquin..<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:01 pm --<br /><br />
Arsene said:
baldmosher said:
Arsene said:
this obsession with any positive hype United players get has to stop with you lot
To be fair, I agree, but the only hype Aguero got was FROM City fans. If he'd scored that sitter at Bolton and then bagged four goals at Spurs, he'd've been in the story. I also note that Dzeko isn't the new Van Nistelrooy because Wazza got a hat-trick of set pieces the same weekend.
What? Aguero after his debut was talk of the country....every radio station talked about what an amazing buy he was and how great he is etc etc. Skysport news had a whole day dedicated to him. maybe you didnt notice it, but he got alot of praise

It was his first appearance in the Premiership you plank.... there's a big big difference..How long has Young been a prem player ??

Dzeko got player of the month....and he has gotten alot of praise this season and people are saying we are seeing the real Dzeko. And more than anything Dzeko has got recognition for his start by winning player of the month....I dont know what bigger recognition a player can get for his performance in a month

He has been a far more effective player this season......He has always been a celebrated diver, but now he's in a united shirt every time he falls over he get's a free kick.

baldmosher said:
r.sole, support your local team

Blueisacolour said:
Young is a good player for them, he'll be huge as the year progress, why did'nt we bid for him i don't know.
We can't buy everyone good just to stop everyone else being good.

lived in miles platting at 3 clara street is that local enough :)<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm --<br /><br />
Arsene said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Arsene said:
Young is a good player, but the 8-2 freak result which came under special circumstances have made him world class suddenly. He is the same player that played for Villa last season, you would think he became twice the player he was 3 months ago.

Also Young has throughout his career been a player who is in and out of form, he is in form right now. but few poor games the media will turn on him. its just the way media works. no need to get angry on the player, not like he's saying im the new messi

thanks for the advice, but the vast majority of city fans know exactly how it works without the aid of an arsenal fan to point it out . we`ve seen it all before, when average players go to the rags and turn into media world beaters in the space of a week.

so thanks but stick it
Young is not average...lets get real. And he's getting this hype because he has started the season very well. Im sorry, but the same thing happened with Aguerro after his debut....yes he's a great player. But I didnt see any of you complain about the hype he got after 1 game. this obsession with any positive hype United players get has to stop with you lot

ive seen enough of young that i would of been underwhelmed if he`d signed for us.

and if you dont like my opinion fuck off back to the arsenal forum

He's got the touch of a r***** you will see when he plays a top team, reminds me a bit of Micah his pace gets him out of trouble but it won't work against the very top sides.

Arsene said:
What? Aguero after his debut was talk of the country....every radio station talked about what an amazing buy he was and how great he is etc etc. Skysport news had a whole day dedicated to him. maybe you didnt notice it, but he got alot of praise
On a Tuesday.... not surprised.... what else of note was there to report from that Monday night's Prem action? Most of the weekend games finished 0-0. MotD talked about Young's "massive potential" based on a couple of good runs that didn't work out. Not surprising that they want to overload that bandwagon when he scores two crackers a fortnight later.

BBC Breakfast News described Rooney's "scintillating" hat trick of set pieces against a bunch of hat stands but barely gave credence to Dzeko's perfect hat trick and bonus extra 20-yard screamer AWAY at Spurs. Player of the month isn't decided by media hacks and isn't reported by media hacks.

MotD after the Bolton game were still hedging their bets on Aguero, anyone could see his home debut was class, but MotD don't like to get carried away like most of the press do. The media were hyping Aguero up LONG BEFORE City signed him. One article bravely labelled him as "one of the top 6 players in the world".

It's gone a little bit downbeat ever since - as if they've all realised City have not just gatecrashed utd's party, but now we and utd are running it together. They are enjoying our football, but still reluctantly and sarcastically treating us as equals to Chelsea. Bunch of two-faced sycophants. Give it six months and I reckon they'll be lauding us and utd as "potential quadruplists". Give it nine months and I reckon they'll all be baying for us to fall at the final hurdle, when we reach two finals and 3 points clear in the league.

r.soleofsalford said:
baldmosher said:
r.sole, support your local team
lived in miles platting at 3 clara street is that local enough :)
No! I demand that you were born within 10 feet of Hyde Road to qualify.

Blueisacolour said:
Young is a good player for them, he'll be huge as the year progress, why did'nt we bid for him i don't know.

He was destined for the shite because of his cuntish attitude. He thinks he's better than fookin messi. He is due a kicking soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.