#AskManuel

Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:
Pablo1 said:
Well I hope the real one goes better than this clusterfuck.
I'd ask him if he believes it's important that his goalkeepers play a sweeper keeper role and are comfortable with the ball at their feet.

I'd be interested in asking the same question but about his centre halves as well. ie. Does he believe it's important that both centre halves can play with the ball at their feet and would he be prepared to sacrifice defensive quality in order to have defenders who can play?
Both would tell us more about his preferred personnel in the respective positions. The goalkeeper one I feel is important because I'd fear for Hart if it was the case. He has many positive attributes which keep him up there with the best about, unfortunately his distribution in general has always been shoddy. He would have to put an awful lot of hours in to get to any kind of decent level with the ball at his feet, at the moment he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
I've always thought he was brilliant at throwing the ball out, very quick to pick a target and hit it, but I agree about the feet.

Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:
Pablo1 said:
Well I hope the real one goes better than this clusterfuck.
I'd ask him if he believes it's important that his goalkeepers play a sweeper keeper role and are comfortable with the ball at their feet.

I'd be interested in asking the same question but about his centre halves as well. ie. Does he believe it's important that both centre halves can play with the ball at their feet and would he be prepared to sacrifice defensive quality in order to have defenders who can play?
Both would tell us more about his preferred personnel in the respective positions. The goalkeeper one I feel is important because I'd fear for Hart if it was the case. He has many positive attributes which keep him up there with the best about, unfortunately his distribution in general has always been shoddy. He would have to put an awful lot of hours in to get to any kind of decent level with the ball at his feet, at the moment he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I actually thought Joe's distribution with his feet had improved this season. Certainly in comparison to last season when I thought he was really poor.

The question about defenders I'm interested in because it'd probably inadvertently give us an insight into whether Garcia got in ahead of Lescott earlier in the season because he's better on the ball or simply because Pellegrini preferred the right foot/left foot combination.

Didsbury Dave said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Just Chelsea and Barcelona. No one significant.

Hahahaha.

I know you have to continually push your Pellegrini agenda as you already made yourself look a dickhead over Mancini but that takes the cake.

Chelsea got Mourinho end of, there is no possible scenario that they would want Pellegrini instead. As for Barca, I highly doubt it as he'd be an idiot to turn them down in favour of City.

It's bollocks though and you obviously can't prove it but thanks for the laugh.

Here you go:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/feb/15/chelsea-malaga-manuel-pellegrini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... pellegrini</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-could-face-battle-with-barcelona-for-manuel-pellegrini-after-sacking-roberto-mancini-8614693.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 14693.html</a>

Who's laughing now, Big Mouth?

I'm still laughing if you think press rumours are any kind of proof whatsoever. That really is the height of desperation.

Didsbury Dave said:
andyhinch said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Here you go:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/feb/15/chelsea-malaga-manuel-pellegrini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... pellegrini</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-could-face-battle-with-barcelona-for-manuel-pellegrini-after-sacking-roberto-mancini-8614693.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 14693.html</a>

Who's laughing now, Big Mouth?
IDidn't think you'd believe all the paper stories, or think anything in there was proof, I'm happy to give him time though.

I didn't present anything as proof. it would be virtually impossible to prove interest between any club and any manager ever, until they sign a contract. Especially in a scenario where both parties are in contract with someone else. As it goes, I know for a fact that the Indy story is true. But I expect all the "bullshit" brigade to start barking just like they did when Pellegrini was linked to us in spring.

Couldn't give a fuck.

The story that says "City MAY have to fend off interest from Barca". That's literally all it says. City may sign Messi too. Using your logic that becomes FACT.

I say again, you are utterly deluded if you believe Barcelona were interested, he would've gone there like a shot if there was any substance to it.

BillyShears said:
Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:

I actually thought Joe's distribution with his feet had improved this season. Certainly in comparison to last season when I thought he was really poor.

From simple back passes under relatively little pressure his kicking has improved. I'm thinking more of a situation where he's required to play right on the edge of his box ready to keep neat and tidy possession rather than a quick lump upfield. It's a part of a goalkeepers game that's become as important as claiming a high ball into the box, which for me Hart looks unnatural and uncomfortable (the possession part, not claiming balls in the box)
If Pellegrini prefers the Valdes, Lloris, type goalkeeper then I genuinely think Hart would be in trouble.
My own preference would be a keeper who's a keeper first and foremost. We've got enough quality on the ball with the 10 outfield players without relying on Hart to turn into Pirlo. I know its a modern part of the game but it's not one I'm overly confident in.

Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:
Pablo1 said:

From simple back passes under relatively little pressure his kicking has improved. I'm thinking more of a situation where he's required to play right on the edge of his box ready to keep neat and tidy possession rather than a quick lump upfield. It's a part of a goalkeepers game that's become as important as claiming a high ball into the box, which for me Hart looks unnatural and uncomfortable (the possession part, not claiming balls in the box)
If Pellegrini prefers the Valdes, Lloris, type goalkeeper then I genuinely think Hart would be in trouble.
My own preference would be a keeper who's a keeper first and foremost. We've got enough quality on the ball with the 10 outfield players without relying on Hart to turn into Pirlo. I know its a modern part of the game but it's not one I'm overly confident in.
Agreed, from a first available XI point of view, clichy zaba Vinnie and nasty are all excellent passers, I'd rather see Hart give the ball to whichever one of those is free straightaway and get back to his goal, tbh I've never seen Valdes as anything but a liability for barca, bad shot stopper, bad in the air, great passer, sounds more like a midfielder than a goalkeeper.

aguero93:20 said:
Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:

Agreed, from a first available XI point of view, clichy zaba Vinnie and nasty are all excellent passers, I'd rather see Hart give the ball to whichever one of those is free straightaway and get back to his goal, tbh I've never seen Valdes as anything but a liability for barca, bad shot stopper, bad in the air, great passer, sounds more like a midfielder than a goalkeeper.
I wouldn't want Valdes, I disagree with his poor shot stopping, that's one of the things I feel he excels at along with his footwork. Those two on there own are not anywhere near enough to be a success in the Premier league, for Barcelona yes, for us, not a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.