#AskManuel

Lavinda Past said:
I've got Dave ahead on points at the moment...

Pudge is on the ropes, but he's dangerous when he's losing.

Good bout.
Not really sure what Dave is trying to do though, I said;

He was undoubtedly pursued by other clubs but the evidence you have presented to back up your claim is, I believe the legal term "bollocks"

I'm not doubting he was a wanted man but what he presented to prove his claim was bollocks. I'm not wrong.

He could have chosen better examples is my point. If he wants to get overly defensive then that's his odd decision

How many managers down the line will it take for the pro and anti Mancini brigades to put their differences behind them? I suspect it'll take Guardiola coming in and winning a League/Champions League double, but even then some will argue until they're blue in the face if it was Mancini or Pellegrini who laid the foundations.

Debate on a forum is good and healthy of course, but it feels like rational debate is all too often eschewed in favour of personal disputes and point scoring. It's tedious as fuck.

Lavinda Past said:
I've got Dave ahead on points at the moment...

Pudge is on the ropes, but he's dangerous when he's losing.

Good bout.
Is it a competition? I just want the best for us, MP looks like the best available option so lets just support the manager and the team.

pudge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pudge said:
I "barked" bullshit at the evidence you presented to support your previous claim, which is what it was. As others have pointed out, even Ric, the articles you took the time to look up prove nothing whatsoever.

I believe my term was "bollocks" and by going on the articles you posted that statement is correct.

If you can't fathom or even bother to read what I've posted then don't bother trying to act the big "I am" because it just makes you look even more stupid.

So you know absolutely nothing about who was and who wasn't interested in Pellegrini in the spring.

Good. Glad we've got that sorted.
And you claim others are ignorant lol

You were asked to prove that Chelsea and Barca wanted Pellegrini..

You posted 2 articles in support of that claim...

The 2 articles presented in reality prove nothing.

You have a hissy fit.

Glad we've got that sorted.

Classic Bluemoon, when people on the back foot start demanding "proof", when presented with evidence.

The point you and the other Bullshit Barkers keep ignoring is that it would be virtually impossible to present "proof" of interest between any club and any manager ever, especially when both are under contract elsewhere.

As it goes, anyone who I trust on here can pm me and I will tell them where the Indy story came from.

And let's just be absolutely and 100% clear about where you stand in this discussion. You have admitted that no knowledge whatsoever of who was interested in Pellegrini and who wasn't. So your input isn't really massively significant to the discussion.

Didsbury Dave said:
pudge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
So you know absolutely nothing about who was and who wasn't interested in Pellegrini in the spring.

Good. Glad we've got that sorted.

You have a hissy fit.

Classic Bluemoon, when people on the back foot start demanding "proof", when presented with evidence.

The point you and the other Bullshit Barkers keep ignoring is that it would be virtually impossible to present "proof" of interest between any club and any manager ever, especially when both are under contract elsewhere.

As it goes, anyone who I trust on here can pm me and I will tell them where the Indy story came from.

And let's just be absolutely and 100% clear about where you stand in this discussion. You have admitted that no knowledge whatsoever of who was interested in Pellegrini and who wasn't. So your input isn't really massively significant to the discussion.
You have a lot of pent up personal anger.

I wasn't demanding proof, was I?

You were asked for proof from another poster and then replied with 2 atricles. THAT is an acknowledgement on your part to try and support and prove your claim. You're completely contradicting yourself when you say it's impossible to do so, because if it was you wouldn't have replied with those articles....

Again, I knocked your choice of examples as they aren't substantial in any way. Not the idea he was a wanted manager, which I actually and clearly acknowledged.

You clearly do know the inner workings of the football world,I mean you say do so you must. Did Chelsea and Barca want him? Maybe, but if I had to say going by your two presented articles then I'd say no.

You say nobody can prove anything one way or the other, including yourself, yet discredit my posts due to me not knowing one way or the other? Classic...

Ric said:
How many managers down the line will it take for the pro and anti Mancini brigades to put their differences behind them? I suspect it'll take Guardiola coming in and winning a League/Champions League double, but even then some will argue until they're blue in the face if it was Mancini or Pellegrini who laid the foundations.

Debate on a forum is good and healthy of course, but it feels like rational debate is all too often eschewed in favour of personal disputes and point scoring. It's tedious as fuck.
Can't agree with you more, I've only really had to managers I've really wanted out in 40 years Allan Ball and that twat Allan Ball, a few have been uninspiring along the way mind, I thought Coppell improved us after that debacle

pudge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pudge said:

You have a hissy fit.

You have a lot of pent up personal anger.

I wasn't demanding proof, was I?

You were asked for proof from another poster and then replied with 2 atricles. THAT is an acknowledgement on your part to try and support and prove your claim. You're completely contradicting yourself when you say it's impossible to do so, because if it was you wouldn't have replied with those articles....

Again, I knocked your choice of examples as they aren't substantial in any way. Not the idea he was a wanted manager, which I actually and clearly acknowledged.

You clearly do know the inner workings of the football world,I mean you say do so you must. Did Chelsea and Barca want him? Maybe, but if I had to say going by your two presented articles then I'd say no.

Fair enough. I've just read back and that guy did say 'but you can't prove it' in that sneering, ignorant post he did. I didn't actually see that until just now. So yes, I totally agree that what I presented is not proof, but evidence of interest.

The source of the argument was someone saying that pellegrini bit txiki's hand off, inferring no one else wanted him.

I think we can agree, on the evidence presented throughout this thread, which has included quotes from MP, quotes from his agent, quotes from press insiders and other things, that there was plenty of interest in him from some big clubs. I believe with all my heart that that included Chelsea and Barca, to varying levels, because of things I've been told by people I trust.

That was the point I was making. But I agree, not proving ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.