Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kovacic for Gundogan, Doku for Mahrez, Gvardiol for Laporte. Surely that is it now isn't it?

This is of course based on the current situation we find ourselves in. Granted, things may happen that unfold later in the window which change peoples perspectives.

I think it’s been a mixed window personally. Losing Mahrez, Gundo and Laporte (soon to join Al Nassr) is far from ideal but undoubtedly Kova and Gvardiol are both outstanding pieces of business.

I do however, find it truly staggering that we have failed to land a central midfielder (ideally someone that can play 6/8) that can cover Rodri, given the fact Pep seems to be out right refusing to offer Phillips any sort of game time. It’s been concerning to see several of our top targets fail to materialise (Bellingham, Rice, Pacqueta) for various reasons, some of which I don’t think Txiki is to blame.

Overall, on the basis that there are no further incomings i am pretty underwhelmed by the window. Surely the chance to capitalise on the worlds best players is after a treble and revenue record breaking season but it seems the club have other ideas. For context, I think Txiki is an outstanding sporting director and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else but that doesn’t mean he or the club are immune from criticism.
Given the signing of Doku on top of Gvardiol and Kova, I no longer consider it an underwhelming window but rather an average one.

I’d argue Gvardiol is an upgrade on Laporte.

Kova has been outstanding so far but hard to say he’s an upgrade on Gundo and besides different players.

Mahrez is class but was getting on and if Pep can work his magic to improve Doku’s final ball we may have a special player.

I’d rather we keep our powder dry now and walk away from Nunes deal as he’s clearly a 5th/6th choice who’s been pushed to us via Mendes. Let’s save funds for January if a midfielder becomes available then who’s actually at our level and if not go big on one in summer.

Reactions: CC1
7/10 currently.

Pros -
* We've brought in 2 very exciting young players to replace 2 older ones who wanted out.
* We've added Kovacic who helps bring a different dimension and allow a different approach to our play
* Walker and Bernie staying
* Moved youth players on for good fees
* Lillo back in for Pep

Cons -
* We've missed out on multiple targets, we quite clearly need and want a midfielder though Paqueta would be here now if not for the extenuating circumstances.
* Only managed to loan Cancelo
* Lucky Saudi league has taken off else we'd have got next to nothing for Mahrez and Laporte.
* Trying to bargain hunt late in the window from Premier league clubs isn't going to work yet here we are trying it for the 3rd time and currently failing for the 3rd time. Pay the price or go abroad

Last edited:
Could someone list all the transfers (no loans) made this summer including the transfer fees? All in €.

In:

Gvardiol: 90 Mio
Kovacic: 29 Mio
Doku: 60 Mio
Nunes: 55 Mio

-234 Mio

Out:
Porro (resale paticipation?): 10 Mio?
Mahrez: 35 Mio
Laporte: 27,50 Mio
Lavia (resale participation): 10 Mio?
Herrera: 5 Mio
Bustos: ?
Trafford: 17,3 Mio
Borges: 14 Mio
Charles: 12,25 Mio
Mebude: 1,75 Mio

+132,8 Mio

Total: -101,2 Mio

Did I miss anybody? Are the fees right? Thanks!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.