Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gvardiol - Poor season, but feel long term he will come good. I don't think he was worth £80m though.

Kovacic - No brainer signing considering his experience and price. I like him as an rotational player and impact sub.

Doku - Needed another season at Rennes. The jump up has been too much too soon I feel, albeit I think he needs another season to see what happens. I still think Kvaratsckhelia would have been the better buy.

Nunes - Panic buy. Shows moments but ultimately he will never be good enough for where City want to be.

Overall, in regards to ins and outs it was our worst window since 2012. We were due one I suppose because Txiki has been a king in relation to recruitment the past 10 years give or take a few.

We should have just called it when the Paqueta deal was not going to happen and promoted an academy player.

Panic buying Nunes was a rare mistake from Txiki.

Europa League level player.
Txiki does everything with sign off by Pep. So they both shoulder the blame if Nunes doesnt kick on.

Gvardiol - Poor season, but feel long term he will come good. I don't think he was worth £80m though.

Kovacic - No brainer signing considering his experience and price. I like him as an rotational player and impact sub.

Doku - Needed another season at Rennes. The jump up has been too much too soon I feel, albeit I think he needs another season to see what happens. I still think Kvaratsckhelia would have been the better buy.

Nunes - Panic buy. Shows moments but ultimately he will never be good enough for where City want to be.

Overall, in regards to ins and outs it was our worst window since 2012. We were due one I suppose because Txiki has been a king in relation to recruitment the past 10 years give or take a few.

Gvardiol poor season?

Our best 11 does not include any of these players, which is very damning.

Kov seems like what we expected and hoped. A good bye for the squad.

Gvardiol - Divides opinion but there is something there and he could end up proving a good bye.

Doku not sure

Nunes, would be our worse buy.

I think some big reinforcements are needed this summer, especially in the midfield and wing department. There wasn't really a player on the bench today you thought could be the difference for us.

Looking back now it was not great.

A solid 5/10 mainly due to the midfield looking woeful and Rodders looking knackered with no help. It also disjointed our attack. Need to do better.

The reality is that not one of our signings has improved us.

Improved us from what though? We won the treble last season and have won three PLs on the trot, it would have been ridiculous if they had short term.

That we’re still in with a shout of replicating that feat the very next season is far far better than most do.

We’re clearly in a transition phase and still competing/winning.

Last edited:
Improved us from what though? We won the treble last season and have won three PLs on the trot, it would have been ridiculous if they had short term.

That we’re still in with a shout of replicating that feat the very next season is far far better than most do.

We’re clearly in a transition phase and still competing/winning.
Yes improved us - or at least not set us back (granted not by much) - you know, as in the point of transfers. OK we had to replace an extremely important player - but came nowhere near that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.