Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

No. I think he is improving. I’ve not checked the stats but I think he is slowly but surely getting more involved in play. The problem is the team are not creating enough good chances for him, IMO, and we are not attempting enough through balls.
did you watch him against spurs he couldnt trap a bag of cement

one season wonder

Giddy Villa fan in work this morning but at least he has bought some nice mince pies. He's saying that Villa can be this year's Leicester - I replied relegated in 2026 then.
heabutt the soft ****............Villa looked like Brazil last night...they're not Brazil.

They were running fast as fuck closing us down rapid. We were trotting about like it was a sunday league game and we were still pissed from night before.

Villa will win fuck all ........we probably won't win a trophy this year either though.

We badly miss Rodri when he's not playing and KDB. We also never really replaced Mahrez or Gundo with similar quality.

Fuck off Villa . Rant over ta

No DeBruyne. No Rodri. Gundogan hasn’t been replaced.

Whilst we can come on strong in the second half of the season, I think it’s very competitive this time.

It's funny how accustomed to winning we've got. I'm a sore loser! I'm a sore drawer as well!

Poor performance, Villa out ran us and outplayed us and Pep didn't change things. But the only solution is to go out and start winning again. Do that and we'll be alright. We're through the tough run, although we've got another one with the reverse fixtures in March/April. Put some wins together and the outlook will change.

We're not far off 40pts lads, we've been through a lot worse!

The harsh truth is that IMO was the worst performance under Pep and this was highlighted by the fact Villa played very well.

I don't think all is lost though as I believe the title will be won with less that 85 points and we are still in it. When this latest round of injuries/suspensions is over I think we will kick in.

I believe the recruitment of Phillips and Nunes was not so good and for me I was expecting a lot more from Kovacic - last night I thought he was very poor and didn't seem to play the "Pep way".

Have faith we will recover!!
How do you think we will recover?

As you've already pointed out, our three latest CM signings are proving to be wholly inadequate and not capable of meeting the standards required in order for us to continue our previous levels of success.

Agreed. Echo others that Kovacic and Nunes haven't done enough since signing, nor looked anything like what we'd have hoped. Think based the selection last night that Pep thinks that too. Losing Rodri is like playing with ten at the minute. How's that cloning clinic that Mansour was on about coming along?
You might have had high hopes for Kova and Nunes but as far as I'm concerned they've entirely lived up to the underwhelming expectations I had for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.