Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

At this moment in time I wouldn't put any money on it. In spite of losing to Arsenal Luton were very unlucky. A small tight ground, raucous atmosphere, wet and windy conditions and we have lost our belief. It will be like a cup tie from the seventies. In fact I'm going to check the odds for a Luton win.
Hot on tail of winning 180 quid on Sunday with Spurs equaliser, I won 131 last night(35 quid Villa draw no bet at 11-4) I didn't want to win either bets and still feel sick, but if the bookies want to offer silly odds against a team who are well off it,then I'll back em. Moneys money! :( Sundays odds are Luton 18-1 to win and 15-2 the draw. I'm not sure we're gonna stoop this low but you really wouldn't be confident backing us to win anything at the moment. :( I think a bet that interests me is Luton to score 2 or more at 6-1(skybet) We might beat them 3,4 or 5-2 for instance but you'll still win the money. I'm hoping we bounce back and smash em 5-0 but like I said, I'm not confident at the moment. :(

Reactions: PPT
Alvarez like Haaland are NOT foitballers..instinct finisher is Alvarez and a headless chicken..keep going on, but Kane oooh for Kane literally 10 x the player Haaland will ever be. We scored more in 5 of the 6 years before Haaland arrived. This focus has msde us a poorer team
We won the treble but honestly. We would have without Haaland. Stars showed this to be the case.
I suspect that what you've written is a load of old bollocks, but I can't be sure as it makes no sense whatsoever.

Passing - shit
Tackling - non-existent
Creativity - non-existent

Ederson is the only player who can be satisfied with his performance.
Top 4 will be tricky if we don't sort ourselves out soon.
Agreed. How many times did a Villa player get surrounded by 3 of our players and still waltz away with the ball. Not one of our better performances....

I’m not reading the thread, but saying my view.

Without a shadow of doubt the worst I’ve seen us play in the last 10/15 years, absolutely atrocious.

Players who had no idea where their team mates were, no plan from the manager, no confidence, no nothing.

Vast majority of the blame on Pep as he picked the 11 and set us up - I predicted that Alvarez shouldn’t be starting, that Rico hasn’t played well recently, Bernie wank, Phil should be playing central, Dias shite etc etc.

Not saying we’d have done any better anyway, but if everything I thought might happen did, then why is a guy who is paid circa £15/20mil per year not capable of seeing what would happen.

Wank, wank, and even more fucking donkey spunk wank. Cunts.
ITS CLEARLY OBVIOUS, YOUR VEXED. !

Villa played differently to most teams against us,they squashed to within 15 yards of half way, most play 10 near their own area. With Rodri he would have played over the Villa defence, we had nowhere to go,
Maybe with Roders playing they would have stayed back?

We don't have Rodri today but it just shows how much burden on Rodri because the rest of the midfield is like this...

Other teams miss their CM at times but rarely drops level like this...

If we don't change anything and just "wait for Rodri to come back", we will burn Rodri out by the Christmas time.

Villa played differently to most teams against us,they squashed to within 15 yards of half way, most play 10 near their own area. With Rodri he would have played over the Villa defence, we had nowhere to go,
Maybe with Roders playing they would have stayed back?
Chelsea showed it to the rest of the league - we are most vulnerable when being attacked.

Teams are no longer that afraid of us.

Could start with moving Bernardo to central midfield.
This. Maybe try playing Doku where he was actually bought for -- the RW -- and allow Bernie to be an actual midfielder, along with Phil in the middle. Drop Alvarez from starting every game (was he given game time commitments to sign that new contract?) and start rotating him like we did last season. Then we'd have Grealish, Haaland, Doku across the front. Bernie and Phil in the middle and Rodri behind. All players who actually know how to play in those positions rather than square pegs in round holes all over the bloody place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.