Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

But a defender in midfield instead of a midfielder in midfield. The amount of space McGinn had was crazy considering

Agreed. Echo others that Kovacic and Nunes haven't done enough since signing, nor looked anything like what we'd have hoped. Think based the selection last night that Pep thinks that too. Losing Rodri is like playing with ten at the minute. How's that cloning clinic that Mansour was on about coming along?

Lewis needs protecting whilst the others on the bench need to be playing given the investment in transfer fees and wages. Why isn’t Pep handling Rico like he did Phil. Villa was always going to be exactly how it played out last night, the night therefore Phillips was actually needed that game was made for him surely he’d been in that situation every Fukin week at Leeds
He is handling Rico like Phil it was his PL start for awhile and that was probably due to injuries and suspensions Some on here have been calling for him to start every week Last night would be good for his education, a step back when everything has been going his way I’m sure he won’t let the success go to his head but a push back once in awhile is good

Outplayed today and that is very rare. That was the best performance against us in a long time.

Missing key players and it showed. Stones looked like a guy who is not match sharp.

Foden and Alvarez were poor.

Pep probably didn’t get it right today. Lewis shouldn’t have played but I’m sure lots of people would have started him. He sand Alvarez should have been removed at a half time though.

City were dreadful attack wise. You have to take some chances and cross the fucking ball. Also, go long sometimes. The Vile weren’t afraid to do that and they have Ollie Watkins not Erling Haaland.

What really narks though is that I’m sure Eddie would have saved Bailey’s shot if Ruben had not deflected it.

Villa will now be awful when they play Arsenal.

City’s squad is too thin and the club really needs to get into the transfer market in January and make a couple of top quality signings.
pep probably , PROBABLY, F.F,S.

in the run up to them hitting the post late on, their number 6 (Luiz) was found totally alone in space, centrally, anywhere between 20 and 50 yds from goal, 4 times. The replay is not good viewing for M Nunes.

Not a conspiracy. [Grealish] was booked for kicking a ball away.

He would have known that would get him booked.
Considering players from the opposing team had done it without consequence, no, he wouldn't have. Don't you have something more relevant to contribute to the conversation in a thread about a game Grealish didn't play in or effect in any way? Or is the smallest opportunity to try and shit on Grealish just too tempting to pass up?

Giddy Villa fan in work this morning but at least he has bought some nice mince pies. He's saying that Villa can be this year's Leicester - I replied relegated in 2026 then.

Giddy Villa fan in work this morning but at least he has bought some nice mince pies. He's saying that Villa can be this year's Leicester - I replied relegated in 2026 then.
Errmmm has he forgotten about Arsenal and Liverpool.. even if they finished above us.. which they definitely won’t

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.