Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Never seen such disjointed team performance under pep before but with kdb and rodri absent is too obvious where the real problem lies.
At one point some players looked pissed and frustrated with each other and ignored open pass. We couldn’t play long ball to haaland coz there was no one to pick up the second ball.
I still don’t understand why bernie was wasted on right wing majority of the game .
Shit happens but it’s a long way to the top of you wanna rock and roll.
come on city

No complaints here , thought Villa were superb an just hope you do it to the rest of em On a side note I have £20 on you for a top 6 finish at 20/1 Do it
Odds of that are now 1.40 so you got a great bet.

Just from the other side of the glass, I agree with a lot of this. I believe football is often about timing & everything was in place for us last night. City without Rodri is a different proposition and him alone would have probably changed the dynamics of the game last night - he is that good.

But we were brilliant, it sounds a bit extreme but I'm genuinely not sure the last time I have seen a Villa team play that well. Maybe even in my lifetime. I know watching City you've seen some ridiculous heights of late (and it's often been a pleasure to watch as a neutral), but I couldn't have envisaged seeing a Villa team play at that sort of level. There is no point getting too giddy, we will inevitably drop off and there is a long way to go, but I'm not sure there is a more difficult away game right at this minute.

I don't see any great panic at city, I'm convinced they'll still be title contenders (if not winners) once the squad settles again and Pep finds a way again (he always does). Let's be honest, you should have been 5 up v half time against Spurs & Liverpool hung on 2nd half. Last night was different, but like I said a few things fell into place for that to happen.
You got a fantastic top class manager mate and villa looked like a well drilled team . Some times we just have to hold our hand and say the other team wanted more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.