Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Never seen such disjointed team performance under pep before but with kdb and rodri absent is too obvious where the real problem lies.
At one point some players looked pissed and frustrated with each other and ignored open pass. We couldn’t play long ball to haaland coz there was no one to pick up the second ball.
I still don’t understand why bernie was wasted on right wing majority of the game .
Shit happens but it’s a long way to the top of you wanna rock and roll.
come on city
Pep does some very strange things at times

What the fuck does that even mean?
Is it the case for the previous season and a half he wasn't? Think Peps taking the piss here
He’s saying something which is nice but everyone knows including the questioner that KP is irrelevant What do you expect Pep to say

You are beyond boring and tedious at this point. Your original bullshit was to imply that Jack had got a card to get himself out of the Villa game on purpose. Multiple people have called out this stupid, shitty take but you're still arguing. Take the L and pipe the fuck down.

Who do you think you are?

I think if he really wanted to play it he wouldn't have been so needlessly reckless when he knew he was on one booking to a ban.

I couldn't give a fuck about multiple people and sure I as hell don't give a fuck about a piss drip like you.

I'm putting you ignore so save the reply. ****.

22 shots against 2 in favour of Villa

Depsite everything that's already been said, about tiredness, the treble, our form

That stat above is actually embarrassing

No matter how bad we are, we shouldn't never have our opponents hit 11 TIMES the amount of shots we had
Combination of us playing badly and them playing extremely well. I thought theirs was by some margin the best performance against us this year. Their passing was quick and incisive and they did what we could do but don’t, play long balls into the channels for Watkins and Baillie. Bit ironic watching Douglas Luiz play like that against us. I was v impressed with the way Emery had them playing.

It’s funny how Nunes & Kovacic are suddenly the worst players on earth because we aren’t in form, both have spent spells on the sideline with injuries and were rushed back more than likely in order to scrape together a midfield for probably the most energetic midfield opposition in the league.

I remember prior to his injury how everybody was singing Kovacic’s praises for slotting in perfectly and looking like he’s been here for years, now all of a sudden he’s the worst signing we’ve ever made, who cannot do anything is lazy etc etc.

I also thought Nunes played excellently against Forest when in the correct position and he hasn’t had a look in since due to injury mainly.

Simple fact is we’d have lost that game with Rodri playing and dare it say it even KDB, there was zero creativity without Doku and Alvarez through the middle we couldn’t seem to even make a 5 yard pass, couldn’t beat the press, looked shaky at the back, midfield was makeshift and Haaland couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

But all that aside we’ll still be there, I just hate to see individuals called out when clearly the whole system isn’t working.

Well one individual that does need to be called out is Phil. He gets into a mode of playing pedal to the metal and forces difficult passes which are hard to control for everyone and results in turnovers.

Instead people will blame the other players and not the golden boy as he's one of our own!

My #1 problem with last night's game and the game before was TURNOVERS. It's evident City are really missing Gundo who would just do boring weighted easy passes in midfield that were so easy to control, we could keep possession for long periods of time and work attacks from side to side.

Now it seems the only ones having possession in our side is Ederson and the back line. Can't even get the ball to midfield and keep it there or work it side to side.. forget about getting the ball to our striker!

It’s funny how Nunes & Kovacic are suddenly the worst players on earth because we aren’t in form, both have spent spells on the sideline with injuries and were rushed back more than likely in order to scrape together a midfield for probably the most energetic midfield opposition in the league.

I remember prior to his injury how everybody was singing Kovacic’s praises for slotting in perfectly and looking like he’s been here for years, now all of a sudden he’s the worst signing we’ve ever made, who cannot do anything is lazy etc etc.

I also thought Nunes played excellently against Forest when in the correct position and he hasn’t had a look in since due to injury mainly.

Simple fact is we’d have lost that game with Rodri playing and dare it say it even KDB, there was zero creativity without Doku and Alvarez through the middle we couldn’t seem to even make a 5 yard pass, couldn’t beat the press, looked shaky at the back, midfield was makeshift and Haaland couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

But all that aside we’ll still be there, I just hate to see individuals called out when clearly the whole system isn’t working.
Agree with all that, apart from the bold, those two players being present lift the whole team imo, maybe Rodri even more so.

I just hope we (the players) aren’t getting into the mindset of ‘no Rodri = we’re fucked’ though, we need to be bigger than that.

Depsite everything that's already been said, about tiredness, the treble, our form

No matter how bad we are, we shouldn't never have our opponents hit 11 TIMES the amount of shots we had
Thats insane.dont think there is a single person ,who would have thought that this is possible against us.we have been outplayed before ,but that was quite embarrasing last night.Villa is a great side ,but they should never ever dominate us like that...hopefully that won,t happen again against Pep for the next 530 games or something like that before yesterdays game.playing with 5 defenders and 2 of them as midfielders is nuts.

Hopefully Pep can take the positives from the game such as Stones, Rico & Alverez cannot be part of a midfield 4. I bet Phillips was laughing his socks off!
we got what we deserved and I think we are in for a tough Winter without reinforcements.

Wonder the last time we didn't even get 1 corner in a match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.