Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Good point. They raised their game to the max and admittedly were very good. We were devoid of any quality in that midfield last night and they played through us with ease. They won't be doing that against Odegaard and Rice who are probably the best central pair in the league right now.
I raised the point on our OSC WhatsApp Group. How many of their midfielders would get into our first 11? Not detracting from the point that the result was fully deserved.
We fielded 4 CHs and 2 FBs last night, whilst being without probably the world's 2 best MFs in their respective positions (Rodri & KDB), so MF creativity was never going to be our strong point last night.
I'm still pissed Rodri & Grealish managed to get themselves suspended for this fixture.

He was one of the reasons we were light in numbers last night by doing something stupid. Calm down.
You are beyond boring and tedious at this point. Your original bullshit was to imply that Jack had got a card to get himself out of the Villa game on purpose. Multiple people have called out this stupid, shitty take but you're still arguing. Take the L and pipe the fuck down.

It's tough to question someone the caliber of Pep, but I really fail to see how the walk it up the pitch style that we have been implementing plays into the strengths of our players. The possibility of using space creatively is just gone when all eleven of the opposing team's players are in or near their penalty box. Throw into the mix a little (or lot) lack of effort and we are just not going to be very good.

It’s funny how Nunes & Kovacic are suddenly the worst players on earth because we aren’t in form, both have spent spells on the sideline with injuries and were rushed back more than likely in order to scrape together a midfield for probably the most energetic midfield opposition in the league.

I remember prior to his injury how everybody was singing Kovacic’s praises for slotting in perfectly and looking like he’s been here for years, now all of a sudden he’s the worst signing we’ve ever made, who cannot do anything is lazy etc etc.

I also thought Nunes played excellently against Forest when in the correct position and he hasn’t had a look in since due to injury mainly.

Simple fact is we’d have lost that game with Rodri playing and dare it say it even KDB, there was zero creativity without Doku and Alvarez through the middle we couldn’t seem to even make a 5 yard pass, couldn’t beat the press, looked shaky at the back, midfield was makeshift and Haaland couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

But all that aside we’ll still be there, I just hate to see individuals called out when clearly the whole system isn’t working.
Im with you. Seen people repeatedly saying its their fault when neither started any of the last 4 games. For the record between them they’ve been on the pitch for a total of 58 minutes out of a possible 720 minutes in those 4 games. Whatever the issues it certainly isnt their fault!

We need to go back to starting Rodri/Kova together and stop this experiment with Alvarez as a 10 which hasnt worked and is leaving us wide open imo!

It’s funny how Nunes & Kovacic are suddenly the worst players on earth because we aren’t in form, both have spent spells on the sideline with injuries and were rushed back more than likely in order to scrape together a midfield for probably the most energetic midfield opposition in the league.

I remember prior to his injury how everybody was singing Kovacic’s praises for slotting in perfectly and looking like he’s been here for years, now all of a sudden he’s the worst signing we’ve ever made, who cannot do anything is lazy etc etc.

I also thought Nunes played excellently against Forest when in the correct position and he hasn’t had a look in since due to injury mainly.

Simple fact is we’d have lost that game with Rodri playing and dare it say it even KDB, there was zero creativity without Doku and Alvarez through the middle we couldn’t seem to even make a 5 yard pass, couldn’t beat the press, looked shaky at the back, midfield was makeshift and Haaland couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

But all that aside we’ll still be there, I just hate to see individuals called out when clearly the whole system isn’t working.
We've won no big games this season with either Doku playing. People need to get off Doku's dick. Grealish created the most chances in the UCL last season and easily creates as much as Doku now he's back from injury, whilst not being a defensive liability.

We need to start integrating the new players gradually. As far as possible the treble-winning players should start, with one (or at the most two) of the new players being added at a time.

Pep seems to have lost his mind, throwing out the baby with the bath water and sacrificing control for chaos with abandon. I can only assume he's bored and has decided to create problems to solve to keep himself interested.

Alvarez playing so deep is just a waste of a great talent, I understand the need for the team and him wanting to play, but it's not worked in any of the games and last night Pep picked a Midfield setup that had no central midfield players

So with my adding up, I think the team had players covering roles for all of the midfield and at left-back ?
Pep is a Genius and who am I to point fingers and say sorry pep I think you were wrong last night,

If these are really bad times, well shake your head from side to side and look again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.