Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

If that's the case, Pep may not be as smart as many people think. He probably thought that Gundogan was going to stay and wouldn't have room for Luiz.

Phillips, Nunes, and Kovacic... None of them are as good as Douglas Luiz. Just my opinion of course.

It all comes down to our failure to retain the services of Gundogan... our best player last season.
You seem very intent on blaming pep and the club for everything and anything , every post , just my opinion of course...

Not having a melt down in any shape or form, its just my opinion that he should have attacked and won the ball that he was favourite for,
That's everyone's opinion, myself included. But you questioned my post that Ake would pocket Leon Bailey which is what prompted my response. And Ake's had numerous performances to support my opinion v. an isolated error off a cross. Coman is the only player I can name over the past year and a half that's caused him any bit of difficulty with any amount of consistency thru a match...just be honest. You're frustrated like many of us and couldn't help taking a shit dig at Ake who's the last guy that deserves to be dug out...not the end of the world. Just me taking up for a guy that's been mint for us...

You seem very intent on blaming pep and the club for everything and anything , every post , just my opinion of course...

Far from it Kaz.

I think Pep has done, and will continue to do, a great job. We'd be nowhere without him. He's definitely working with a weaker squad than he was last season, and I think Txiki bought quite desperately during the last window.

The non-playing of the club, I think much less of, particularly their attitude towards supporters, and that's one reason why I don't regret not being able to go to matches anymore.

That's everyone's opinion, myself included. But you questioned my post that Ake would pocket Leon Bailey which is what prompted my response. And Ake's had numerous performances to support my opinion v. an isolated error off a cross. Coman is the only player I can name over the past year and a half that's caused him any bit of difficulty with any amount of consistency thru a match...just be honest. You're frustrated like many of us and couldn't help taking a shit dig at Ake who's the last guy that deserves to be dug out...not the end of the world. Just me taking up for a guy that's been mint for us...

Ake has been a model pro since he arrived, a great player. IMO, he should be in with a good shout for player of the season.

Doesn’t seem so bad now? I still think we’re playing badly but Villa are real top 4 contenders and I don’t think there’s any shame in losing to them in this form.

Doesn’t seem so bad now? I still think we’re playing badly but Villa are real top 4 contenders and I don’t think there’s any shame in losing to them in this form.
Emery used all his subs' against us and all again against Arsenal. Not sure if Pep has ever done that in a tight game.

If that's the case, Pep may not be as smart as many people think. He probably thought that Gundogan was going to stay and wouldn't have room for Luiz.

Phillips, Nunes, and Kovacic... None of them are as good as Douglas Luiz. Just my opinion of course.

It all comes down to our failure to retain the services of Gundogan... our best player last season.

I agree with almost everything here.

Far from it Kaz.

I think Pep has done, and will continue to do, a great job. We'd be nowhere without him. He's definitely working with a weaker squad than he was last season, and I think Txiki bought quite desperately during the last window.

The non-playing of the club, I think much less of, particularly their attitude towards supporters, and that's one reason why I don't regret not being able to go to matches anymore.

The midfielders bought were, in part, a response to having our control gutted out with players leaving and the fact Rodri was making overtures about the inability to play every single game.

Hence the pursuit of Bellingham and Rice.

A drop off is going to happen, so tactically, the middle has to be supported, but all the players used aren't it.

Some used way less than others, of course, which I can't understand.

Emery used all his subs' against us and all again against Arsenal. Not sure if Pep has ever done that in a tight game.
The players at his disposal from the bench, especially at Villa Park, were very weak indeed so I don't think he could of made 5 subs even if the needed to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.