Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Ok ok tongue in cheek time folks.

I am sending a message to the team that the last game of the season (if the date doesn’t change) is my birthday and the only present I really want is for City to be Champions again. OK? So team get your skates on lads and get it sorted!! ;-) :-)

I was thinking I might go hospitality but I’m not forking out money for that if we’re not going to be celebrating!!!
Might come down to the last game of the season this year the way things are going.

I don't think we can keep relying on that old chestnut. These are supposed to be top class professional footballers, but we treat them like they’ve come on an apprenticeship.

Kovacic I can understand, but the other two are mind bogglingly average players.

I find it hard to believe that we weren't prepared to give the likes of Douglas Luiz and Romeo Lavia the opportunity and time to adapt at City.
We couldnt get a permit for luiz so had no choice but to let him go , no idea why we couldnt get one here for him

I don't think we can keep relying on that old chestnut. These are supposed to be top class professional footballers, but we treat them like they’ve come on an apprenticeship.

Kovacic I can understand, but the other two are mind bogglingly average players.

I find it hard to believe that we weren't prepared to give the likes of Douglas Luiz and Romeo Lavia the opportunity and time to adapt at City.
Neither were anything to do with City, Luiz we tried but couldn’t get a work permit. Lavia didn’t want to wait on the bench for Rodri to miss a game, and wanted to leave ( not sure he’s good enough anyway). That’s the issue with any DM we buy, if they are anywhere near Rodri’s level they know they can walk into any team except ours. and why it’s such a problem.

What a well thought out response
Hey, just couldn't fathom the idea that you felt compelled to dig out Ake of all people. Every player on this squad should be performing at the level he consistently performs at. People on here wouldn't need to be melting down...

Neither were anything to do with City, Luiz we tried but couldn’t get a work permit. Lavia didn’t want to wait on the bench for Rodri to miss a game, and wanted to leave ( not sure he’s good enough anyway). That’s the issue with any DM we buy, if they are anywhere near Rodri’s level they know they can walk into any team except ours. and why it’s such a problem.
The lack of game time for Phillips won’t help that image either. I could see it putting off a few.

See my earlier comment re Luiz. We didn't take up the option.

Lavia could have been persuaded to stay but Txiki preferred the cash + future sell on %.

I understand the difficulties around signing a back up to a player like Rodri, but I'll never understand why we paid massively over the odds for players who are nowhere near the level required at this club.

See my earlier comment re Luiz. We didn't take up the option.

Lavia could have been persuaded to stay but Txiki preferred the cash + future sell on %.

I understand the difficulties around signing a back up to a player like Rodri, but I'll never understand why we paid massively over the odds for players who are nowhere near the level required at this club.
We have no idea whether Luiz would have come to us when we had an option I suspect not then and not now. Same with Lavia, for the very reason I gave,both know they wouldn’t displace Rodri.Name a player that could adequately stand in for Rodri, yet be happy to be his understudy, I can’t.
Apart from Phillips you have no idea what other players will do over the next year. Where you saying that about Ake in his first year ?

We have no idea whether Luiz would have come to us when we had an option I suspect not then and not now. Same with Lavia, for the very reason I gave,both know they wouldn’t displace Rodri.Name a player that could adequately stand in for Rodri, yet be happy to be his understudy, I can’t.
Apart from Phillips you have no idea what other players will do over the next year. Where you saying that about Ake in his first year ?

I always wondered why Ake hadn't got a big move when he was at Bournemouth. He was their best player by a million miles, and I was very happy when we signed him. He was a top signing as a squad player and has proved to be a bargain.
I honestly never doubted him and always saw him as a better ajd more reliable player than Laporte

As for Nunes and Kovacic, I think only one will have any real impact at City, and it won't be Nunes. He's out of his depth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.