Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The lack of game time for Phillips won’t help that image either. I could see it putting off a few.
And I don't think this will help us to get Rice/Bellingham level English player either. Philips does not play well for sure. But players will not think the same way...

I always wondered why Ake hadn't got a big move when he was at Bournemouth. He was their best player by a million miles, and I was very happy when we signed him. He was a top signing as a squad player and has proved to be a bargain.
I honestly never doubted him and always saw him as a better ajd more reliable player than Laporte

As for Nunes and Kovacic, I think only one will have any real impact at City, and it won't be Nunes. He's out of his depth.

Didn't he have considerable injury problems when he was there? Which, in the main, seem to have been ironed out here.

Don't forget City always look at a players mentality as one of the primary reasons they sign them. That suggests to me that they have the correct work ethic. With hard work anything is possible. I'd be surprised if any player currently on City's books has no impact.

Don't forget City always look at a players mentality as one of the primary reasons they sign them. That suggests to me that they have the correct work ethic. With hard work anything is possible. I'd be surprised if any player currently on City's books has no impact.
Dear keepingthefaith

Thank you, needed that after today

Kalvin

On a serious point though, I think you’re bang on. We try to sign the right cultural fit. There will always be someone that doesn’t work out. But they’re in the significant minority. 3 wins from 3 and its merry Christmas. I certainly wasn’t looking at Luton and palace as pumped up games but it makes them more meaningful now.

Hey, just couldn't fathom the idea that you felt compelled to dig out Ake of all people. Every player on this squad should be performing at the level he consistently performs at. People on here wouldn't need to be melting down...
Not having a melt down in any shape or form, its just my opinion that he should have attacked and won the ball that he was favourite for,

Good job some of yous wasn’t around at maine road they’d be no room left in the mortuary
I was around at Maine Rd, season tix Kippax, Platt Lane and North Stand. I saw some good, some bad, some passion, a lot of disinterest, loads of typical City, so I saw the signs on Wednesday.

Let's hope can work another miracle.

We couldnt get a permit for luiz so had no choice but to let him go , no idea why we couldnt get one here for him

Playing time Villa he was going to start games! Well that was why we didn't get one! We had next summer to buy him back for 25m

Pep doesnt rate him then

If that's the case, Pep may not be as smart as many people think. He probably thought that Gundogan was going to stay and wouldn't have room for Luiz.

Phillips, Nunes, and Kovacic... None of them are as good as Douglas Luiz. Just my opinion of course.

It all comes down to our failure to retain the services of Gundogan... our best player last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.