Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I was not expecting anything but a defeat tonight. For the first time in my life of 58 years I put a bet on against City. Felt bad doing it but won £100. Get the players back Sunday, get a win and we will be back in the title race. It starts Sunday

I do feel as if the players, management etc have all let recent off field events affect them personally, really thought it would fire them up but its gone completely the opposite way. Something is fundamentally wrong and it's bizarre. Can only hope Kev can return to his best when he's back otherwise we're fucked

Not worried. We've had fitness and suspension issues ever since that Rodri red vs. Forest and unfortunately it's coincided with us having to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, and Villa. Think the last few weeks caught up with us a bit tonight. But despite how poor we've played tonight, and how disappointing the results have been recently, we're still only six points behind Arsenal. It should worry them that we're so far off it in terms of quality but still so close in terms of points. We're finally, finally getting a proper midfield back and there's a very winnable run ahead of us. Things will look very different by the end of January, beginning of February.

Kovacic and nunes just not city players, we got worse when they came on, so slow and predictable
There was a point in added time where we had bodies in the box and TWICE Kovacic decided NOT to play the ball into the box, rather he played t back. This is shirking responsibility

Pep has got a huge job on, firstly trying to raise morale as currently we look a dejected outfit and secondly to find a system that works with the players we have (not ones that we used to have).

Never seen a Pep team give the ball away so easily. Wtf has happened, the ball came of our post straight to Akanji and he just passed it straight back to Villa :(

What is depressing is we don't seem to know what to do when we have the ball on the edge of the opponents box. We seem to always be looking to get around the back. Every team knows how we play. In the end we end up passing it back. For God's sake have a go and see what opportunities develop. We need to get Haaland more involved.
The amount of passing back tonight was frightening, no fucker had any balls to try and play a ball through or put one over the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.