Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Won’t go down well here either but again another game where haaland is basically a passenger. For supposedly the best striker in world football I expect more from him. There is more to being a striker than just scoring.

If mahrez played with that effort he would be slaughtered

But the problem is he makes all kinds of runs into the channels or runs where we can play him through and the team don't get their heads up and see it. His hold up play is pretty good but we don't utilise it, so what are you expecting him to do exactly?

when we are playing slow pedestrian football from the back, then any striker is going to be isolated and not in the game until you put on their toes. if the players actually picked their heads up and sometimes see the runs he makes, then he could do much more.

He gives plenty of options but our players are so hellbent on keeping possession that they only look for the nearest man and ignore his movement

1-0 actuslly flattered us. I see no reason why Villa can’t be title contenders …look at the form since Emery came in

Rodri best not ever pick up a long term injury else we’re fucked

Dissgree.. key players to come back and being enough points of the top to lump the pressure on them but with more than ample time to reel them back in. All depends on us. If we can find a quick turnaround. Absolutely zero reason to think we couldn’t be within 3 points by Christmas and top by end of Jan. it all depends on us though.
Bollocks.. typed this forgetting about world club comp.

Put everything I said back a month!

Need to sort out the 8 & 10 roles as we are too weak in midfiled and short of goals when haaland isn/ fed.

kovacic and nunes are not showing any promise yet and alvarez/lewis get pushed off the ball too easily at times.

the subs made us worse but at least he used some for once

I'm not even sure they were that good. They just did the basics well and won by a deflection.
4.-Why-IV-Hydration-is-Better-Than-Drinking-Water-When-You%E2%80%99re-Hungover.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.