Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

What about if you add it to the last 4 games?

Chelsea - conceded 4 goals, a draw was fair
Liverpool - Outplayed them but lost concentration.
RBL - Got outplayed in the first half, played great in the 2nd
Spurs - got robbed at the end but conceded 3 bad goals
Villa - Got battered from minute one.

There's some conclusions to be made.
We are talking about 5 elite teams (and just like you said we had 3 good matches, one average, and one awful), and we are before mid-season when our form is never that sharp. I think our season will look exactly like last season, and I am pretty relaxed about it.

Shit show tonight from start to finish. Players playing all over the place, 3 points in 4 games and let's be honest we just are not the same team.

Yes, I get it, we've had bad patches in successful seasons but the difference for me this year is the personnel. The replacements just aren't up to it (yet, might take a season and they transform a la rodri, Mahrez etc) we don't have players coming through that will "kick on" and the "losing when rodri doesn't play" trend is quite frankly not good enough - how can we quite obviously be 100% on one (albeit majestic) player?

We won't be winning anything this year imo, and that's the way it is - you can't win everything every year, that's elite sport at the end of the day.

Pains me but top 3 is now the immediate, realistic aim and address the squad issues for next season. Whatever happens past that would be a bonus.

Not negative, not complaining, not demanding answers - just how I see it at the moment.
You can't say we won't win anything...Get KDB, Rodri, Stones all playing in a run of games, maybe add a nice piece in January and who would want to play us in the CL? I'm not saying we can't win the league, but you're saying we won't win anything based on what?

ITS A MUST

We are in danger of falling right off with the squad we have and then asking them to go again after the Fifa Club World Cup tournament, Even having KDB back will not be enough and the Midfield is short of world-class talent to call on, Then the defence is all over the place and not having a left back is killing us
KDB will make a massive difference.

Oh well. Long time supporter feel better after unfollow "City chief". Why is that so hard? Anyway, you can't win them all and we're a bit shit at the moment. Always been a bit of a "typical city" in the back of my mind, tonight it's come true. Let's see if Kev can save the season. Pep will know.
It’s never left mine either … always there lurking isn’t it? Glad I’m not the only one amongst the plethora of happy clappers.

Disagree mate.

You can’t go from Kev, Gundo, Rodri to Lewis, Akanji and a half fit Stones as your midfield.

10 Peps couldn’t polish that.

Then to further complicate it the only options you have as replacements are Kovacic and Nunes who wouldn’t get a game for the women’s side.

Then you have Kalvin invisible man Phillips who must be fucking suicidal.

Who started tonight is an out-and-out centre Midfielder ? Kovacic Nunes Phillips are on the bench

FT: Aston Villa 1-0 Manchester City
5cb7ea9b-5736-45e5-9a60-1664442caf69.jpg

Martin O'Neill
Former Aston Villa manager on Amazon Prime
Tonight it was a good time to play Man City. There was no real aggression in their team. They were backing off players.
He's not wrong

I think the Club and Pep have settled for a season of just patching up and making do with what we have.
We have to Look at the FA Cup and Champions League to keep the silverware rolling in.
I don‘t think the club or Pep has settled for anything and are probably bamboozled by what’s happening..remember didn’t we win the first six games and the world thought everything City was sweet.
Imagine getting Newcastle in the last 16 Champions league..
Keeping silverware ”rolling” in or otherwise will be mighty difficult this year in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.