Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Poor that admittedly against a good resurgent Villa side. We were hanging on pretty much most of the game so no complaints. Well aside from the fact we currently seem to have no creativity. Too many 5/10 performances. Too many errors. And too many stupid offsides. Aside from that no complaints!
Good spell at start of second half but this general spell is a bit worrying. Yes we have a fair few out but when I looked at the bench today kinda knew this was going to be really hard. With Phil, Alvarez, Rico, Bernie all fading badly we just had nothing to change the game.

Out thought, out fought and out played.
City short everywhere but I thought Villa were excellent

Fair play to Villa...although we were nowhere near our usual self and massively understrength no team has done that to us for years and years. It really could have been 5 or 6 and we could have had no complaints.

Not going to get reactionary about it, but I think four in a row is a step too far for us based on that performance. Maybe a full strength team gets us a cup. But there are not even signs currently of something to build towards.

Maybe it's always felt this desperate in a usual winter slump, but that was as bad as it has been. Villa just outplayed us in every department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.