Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I was expecting an angry performance TONIGHT after the past three poor displays but it just wasn't there so what makes you think they'll be a reaction for the next game. For what ever reason our will to win at all costs just isn't there this season and you need that to win titles. Plus I think our pool of "talent" has diminished significantly.
Read the post I was replying to mate. I was also expecting the response against Villa not the next game

I did not watch the game due to work but I was able to listen to the City internet broadcast. It was mentioned that we had chances sending the ball over the top to Haaland and we had perhaps 2-3 through ball chances that were not taken. If we only had two shots on the frame, perhaps we need to start looking at more over the top balls to Haaland? Given our possession focused offense, we rarely take those chances because we likely lose the ball. I'm throwing that out there.

From what I'm reading here and on Reddit, it seems that there is some concensus that Alvarez is not working at the 10 spot. Not seeing the game, is this what people think?
Without KDB, non of our players have either the vision, or the will, to kill a high defensive line with passes behind through to Haaland.

Drive's me mad, because Haaland is the perfect striker to play against a high defensive line. We've played against a few lately, and the lack of service into him is a joke. He's making the runs along the line but the pass never comes, I'd be fuming if I was him

We have to face facts, Villa now have a stronger squad than City, that bench tonight was embarrassing and the starting outfield players let us down to a man. Special mention to Ederson who was our best player and I have to call out Phil Foden who was a zero out of ten tonight, where is the fight!

Last edited:
There are 23 games to go: 69 points to be had.

We have been here before and clawed back more points.

I do not believe any team above us are infallible.

My biggest worry is that we seem to have become predictable and I do not think we have the squad or the depth to dig any deeper a hole than we already have.

Next game we begin rebuilding and redoubling or efforts.

Go City.

In previous seasons, when we've had a rough patch, it's often been down to a bit of bad luck. If you looked at the stats, you would still see that we did more to win the game, but our opponents might have taken their chances well, get a decision, or a bit of luck, and beat us, while we missed chance after chance. Even this season, the Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea games are all examples where we were the wrong side of an 'it could have gone either way.'

But this Villa game is different. 2 shots in the entire game. To Villa's 22 shots. Paint it however you want, that's a fucking hammering. The 1-0 scoreline only tells you how bad they were at finishing.

I'm massively worried about our lack of control over games. We seem to have become this completely uncontrolled end-to-end team in the last few games.

Shocking, Pep looked very angry and fired up in his pre match press conference and I expected a reaction from the team, we got the opposite, terrible, weak performance and a very comfortable and deserved win for Villa.

We need to get back to basics and players get their heads back into this and show that incredible spirit that made us treble winners last season.

And we have to go and make a couple of inspirational signing in January, we need to freshen up.

Not long in from coming back from vile park, has anyone ever had a bad day at work? Just asking and I WILL tell you now we WILL WIN the league, quick dust down and we go Luton and batter them, our blue people yes we will be there loud and proud and off to Belgrade Back to back trebles, I reckon. Gonna have to go Saudi week after to let everyone know what we've always known THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.