Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I did not watch the game due to work but I was able to listen to the City internet broadcast. It was mentioned that we had chances sending the ball over the top to Haaland and we had perhaps 2-3 through ball chances that were not taken. If we only had two shots on the frame, perhaps we need to start looking at more over the top balls to Haaland? Given our possession focused offense, we rarely take those chances because we likely lose the ball. I'm throwing that out there.

From what I'm reading here and on Reddit, it seems that there is some concensus that Alvarez is not working at the 10 spot. Not seeing the game, is this what people think?

Disappointing aspect was we finally come up against a team willing to have a go instead of parking the bus and we offered nothing. Happy to shelf this hybrid mid set up and go back to 4 at the back until Stones is back firing. Having CBs as FBs has been a debacle.

Whatever Rodri’s weekly salary is, it needs to be doubled
We’re one bad Rodri injury away from calamity
Can’t believe a club as well run as ours can be so dependent on one player

Treble winners to a top 4 battle. I'm baffled how anyone can realistically believe we are still in a title race given what the team is serving up at the moment especially after tonight. Injuries/ suspensions or not other teams have them and aren't in the same downturn in form as us.
Never mind the control and orchestrated pressing game we used to have in games we haven't even seen the bare minimum in showing a bit of hunger and fight.
Really feel for the fans who travelled down tonight who sounded top and had to watch that.

Next game is all that matters. That’s what we were meant to be sorting yesterday mate, total no show from the players. They better be pissed off after blowing 3 winning positions in previous league games to go on to produce that shite. I’m at a loss, I’m all for getting behind the team but they’re not giving us much to work with.
I was expecting an angry performance TONIGHT after the past three poor displays but it just wasn't there so what makes you think they'll be a reaction for the next game. For what ever reason our will to win at all costs just isn't there this season and you need that to win titles.

Looked light weight in midfield and generally devoid of any idea.

Fortunate it was only 1 nil in the end.

Fair play to Villa they started from the off on the front foot and did until the last minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.