Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Jesus fucking Christ. Where to start.

Awful, just awful. Players are lost in this system. Villa battered us and I cannot remember the last time that happened.

How the fuck(and I love the bloke) but how can Walker be so bad at crossing a football. I can do better with my weaker foot. I might lack his pace though - but I am 50 :)

Nunes and Kovac are fucking woeful. How many times did Kovacic have a chance to put the ball in the box, yet didn't bother? And Nunes attempting some free-styling bollocks like we're 5-0 up. Maybe they will both improve with time and fitness. Hope fucking so.

Alvarez and Bernardo need to swap positions.

Nothing positive from that whatsoever.

Villa were shooting from anywhere. Until 60 min (McGaun action), they didn't have a clear goal action. After that, yeah it was a mess.

Second, we had 3-4 starters missing, not 1 or 2 + another coming back from injury.

Third, we had our 2 most important and best players out.

Fourth, Villa are the best team at home this year.

An awful match, but not a useful one to get any conclusions.
What about if you add it to the last 4 games?

Chelsea - conceded 4 goals, a draw was fair
Liverpool - Outplayed them but lost concentration.
RBL - Got outplayed in the first half, played great in the 2nd
Spurs - got robbed at the end but conceded 3 bad goals
Villa - Got battered from minute one.

There's some conclusions to be made.

Pep has changed the shape to try and accomodate Alverez and Haaland, but it just doesnt work, both are exceptional players but we are giving them crumbs to work with.

Pick one and stick Foden in the hole behind them.
Foden and Alvarez works for me.

Fucking bizarre team selection and tactics. Made even worse by the lack of fight and effort. Quickly this season is burning out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.