Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Need to revert to a traditional back 4, Teams seemed to have worked out how to play against us and trying to overload the midfield is no longer working.
Our press was bypassed so easily today and has been done before this season,something is not right and we can't defend anything for the last month or so.pep has changed the way we play almost every season,i think its time to do it again,cause it is not working

Poor recruitment in the summer with the likes of Kovacic Nunes Phillips etc. none good enough to back up the first 11. Has Pep fallen out with Ake? Our best player last season and carrying it on this one too. But now cant get a game. And why the hell does Pep keep choosing Gvardiol at left back,ffs? He is no full back. Give him a chance in his natural position at centre half along side Diaz. Ake left back and drop Akanji who’s not playing well. Tonight, even Foden and Silva couldn’t handle the pressure. Both incredibly poor. And young Lewis was completely out of his depth. We got tore a new one tonight, absolutely battered. Not seen that in a very long time. I had us down to lose on Super6. Never ever predicted against my team before but this is really poor. We‘re in a fight for top four, not top two. Pep has a lot to sort and he’s not showing any signs of doing so.

I think the Club and Pep have settled for a season of just patching up and making do with what we have.
We have to Look at the FA Cup and Champions League to keep the silverware rolling in.

Tonight is already history. We move on...and hopefully have fucking learnt from tonight. Rodders and Jack back, hopefully Doku, I've not seen whether he's likely to be back or not. Win our next four, Arsenal got to go to Villa and Liverpool. Let's see where we are in early January with Kev back.
yep this ^^^^ we need to regroup after this,the table will look better after the weekend im sure, just a glitch were having

We also need Pep to step up and sort this shit out, a lot of it is on him too.

Disagree mate.

You can’t go from Kev, Gundo, Rodri to Lewis, Akanji and a half fit Stones as your midfield.

10 Peps couldn’t polish that.

Then to further complicate it the only options you have as replacements are Kovacic and Nunes who wouldn’t get a game for the women’s side.

Then you have Kalvin invisible man Phillips who must be fucking suicidal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.