Aston Villa (A) - Post-Match Thread

Ederson is rapidly becoming our new hate figure.

A total disgrace and yet again the ignorance shown by some our fan base is appalling.

NO Keeper would have saved that, a quality strike and goal.
Sterling did my head in with that goal.When he sees it strike the back of the net he holds his hands up as if to say "how the fuck did that happen" Easy !! You didn`t follow him.

Gritty, professional performance, we were exceptional for several spells. Villa were always going to have their moments; we weathered those moments and left with 3 points - job nicely done.

Few honourable mentions: Sterling was irresistible, may not have scored but had their fullback on puppet strings the whole night. Rodri delivered another commanding performance. And Bernardo, well simply put, he's in the top five players in world football at this moment.

On Grealish - I truly believe he'll go on to become one of our best players. This needs to be treated as his bedding in season. Once he's fully integrated, he'll start to purr.

Jeez, I've just clicked on the extended highlights, got as far as the foul on Jesus in the Villa area! I was convinced last night that it was a stoner, and I've just had it confirmed! What more needs to be done to an attacker inside the area before that prancing arrogant whistling wanker recognises a trip! It met every fuckin' criteria laid down in the LotG! Can anyone imagine that not being given to the home sides at Anfield and The Swamp, 'cos I can't! 'Kinell! It's laughable - if yer didn't laugh yer'd buy a TV licence.!

For the record mate this is fact .., I was at Macclesfield for a pre-season friendly expecting SWP to play then we found out he was going to Chelsea while we was in the ground.At that time of playing macc ( and no disrespect to macc) we wasn’t hardly in the market of attracting world class replacements. We never booed Shaun out of respect to him who’d put a graft in for us over the years and the money we got went to stabilise us. Probably a narrow margin between the clubs why both players got sold but the gap between us and you in respect of former players is evidently quite huge.
Remember Dunny going to Villa, and Barry coming to City. Dunny was cheered by City fans even after scoring against us for Villa, Barry was booed all night.

Lots of comments re Villa on here this morning. Just points to add:

1) not all of their fans acted like twats. Just as many clapped him and gave him the reception he deserved (one confused individual was actually clapping and booing at the same time. There must be a village somewhere near Brum that has lost an idiot)
2) they gave us a descent game in the second half. Yes we were depleted and tired but if I remember rightly they gave us a good game in the same fixture last season. Not many teams you could say that about.

As far as our performance went, thought we were magnificent in the first half. They scored a bloody fine goal and then we pretty much restricted them to the one chance. Bernies goal, woof. It was a delight from back to front.

Other than that my amazon prime streaming on Sky was beyond shit and we ended up having to watch on my lap top.
Another 3 points.
Nice.
city fans booing Paul Dichov, no different to villa fans, glass houses an' all that

That was a difficult time to play Villa but we completely bossed that first half. We did really well to grind out the win after conceding an early 2nd half goal.

Will Villa carry on under Gerrard or will the managerial bounce fade away?

Delighted to be proven wrong

Me too and I'll admit my pre match post was unduly pessimistic. It's a bit obsessive somebody writing names down though and naming them when we win lol. We're just bed wetting football fans not paid pundits.

That's my nature I'm afraid. I can't relax until we're 3-0 up and I see every team we play as a potential banana skin.Even if the table says that team is dogshit, I convince myself our game will be the one they pull off a heroic one off form defying performance and beat us. I'm already worrying about Watford lol.

I have no idea why this is. I've supported us for 50+ years and seen the best and worst in that time. Maybe it's some form of deep locked in trauma from Halifax, Shrewsbury and other giant killings. Maybe it's the ghost of Jamie Pollock's headed own goal, Margetson throwing the ball to Sheron to allow him to take a quick free kick and score, beating Stoke 5-2 and then seeing every other relegation rival also win so relegating us. Perhaps it's being at Maine Road when the team believed some half wit with a radio telling them we only needed a draw to stay up, when we needed a win, kept the ball in the corner and duly got relegated. Or being at Bramhall Lane and watching us get knocked out of the fa cup by a ball defected off a fucking balloon our own fans had thrown onto the pitch. Our past is littered with such ghosts, I'm amazed any of us are still here to worry lol. I almost forgot the gypsy curse, that's for another thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.