Aston Villa (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, 100%.
If some supporters would rather prioritise a League Cup final (which we have won plenty recently) over a Champions League semi final, then yep, we are agreed on that, there really is no point in us discussing it, cos I can’t see either of us changing each other’s view.

I agree with you , go strong in the league and CL , it's nice winning the league cup but it is essentially the 4th biggest trophy.

Yep, 100%.
If some supporters would rather prioritise a League Cup final (which we have won plenty recently) over a Champions League semi final, then yep, we are agreed on that, there really is no point in us discussing it, cos I can’t see either of us changing each other’s view.
Under normal circumstances I’d rather prioritise the CL, whether there are guarantees or not. But....like many... I hate Spurs and Mourinho. Shove that Ricky Villa goal up their jacksie.

If Pep makes wholesale changes in this one as well, we are going to put ourselves under some serious pressure in the league, particularly as we will still have to face Chelsea again, a team who will have everything to play for. Can’t afford any more complacency

Under normal circumstances I’d rather prioritise the CL, whether there are guarantees or not. But....like many... I hate Spurs and Mourinho. Shove that Ricky Villa goal up their jacksie.
I agree in as much that I despise spurs 100x more than Chelsea, and I can still remember how I felt in 81 like it was yesterday, so I would be gutted to lose to them, er next weekend. And yep, we might throw our eggs in the CL basket and still not win it, or even make the final, but I just want us to fully commit to the tournament now we are at the semi final stage. No regrets and all that.

My, the bedwetters are really out in force tonight. All too predictable.

The next three matches are critical. Strongish team against Villa and Spurs, strongest team against PSG.
Don't agree.
Strongest team against Villa and strongest team against PSG.
The league Cup we will have to play our weakest side now.
Stefan,Cancelo,Laporte,Ake,Mendy,Fern,Doyle,Garcia,Torres,Aguero,Delap.

Last edited:
Not bothered about performance just win, some on here we’re flippantly saying we can afford to lose to both Villa n Leeds last wk and still win the league, technically there right, but confidence and momentum play a huge part at the end of the season.
Indeed, lost two out of our last three now which is not want you want at the business end of the season.

Best team available simple as. No more 7/8 player rotations. Make a few changes for the cup and then strong again PSG

After the Leeds defeat I think we always had to play our strongest team v Villa.
The question then was what to do today. Strong team win and then rest everyone v Spuds. The problem was that would be 3 games in 7 days for our best XI. So resting players today was obvious.

I think we will rest players in the Carabao so its a chance for those who underperformed today to redeem themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.