Aston Villa (A) - Sat 3rd Sept, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Play our strongest side. Haaland will get plenty of rest in November when the world cup comes around. Pep is a strange one anyway, I have no idea why he brought KDB on against Forest with the game well won.
Think we've seen with KDB that he needs a number of minutes in him to retain his form and keep him sharp. It takes him a while to get going.

Hope he plays both Haaland and Alvarez tomorrow. Their confidence must certainly be on the up and I’d like to keep that momentum going. All of our players are used to playing 2 games a week and when all the squad are fully fit, we will be able to rest and rotate without weakening the team. Would imagine that Kev will come back in again tomorrow.

Why would we need to rest anybody after 4 weeks? We aren't talking about resting others, so why Haaland? He's coming off most games so it's hardly as if he's gassed by the time he comes off, no need whatsoever to rest him or anybody.

Rotation is fine but it's not as if we've got players needing minutes right now, we've got 4 fit senior attackers who are all seeing good minutes and Palmer's getting more than a fair share of minutes too. Would be beyond madness not to play Haaland.
It isn't resting it's protecting them for a long season and hopefully avoiding muscle injuries later.

From what Pep just said I think Haaland will likely start tomorrow.
Ake & Grealish back training. Phillips not yet. Akanji ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.