Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this mentality!

jedi-surrounded.gif

I currently don't trust this team's form. Long-term, it has shown the ability to resolve whatever is ailing it. We have the last 8 years of evidence to prove that. But at present, the problem persists.

To name a few:
1. An off-form Erling (Even though he is so much ahead of other strikers that he is still far ahead of them.) But he is not cooking a the moment.
2. A disjointed team. Partly due to the new additions (Doku and Josko), who, while individually having some fantastic traits, haven't fully and seamlessly embedded yet. You can add the two Matt's who are constantly injured or off-pace.
3. The constant injurie to Ake and John, which makes it harder to have a more competitive backline and a more settled one.
4. The shoehorning of Walker (as captain and first name on the sheet). Which reduces cohesion and the ability to keep the ball more comfortably.
5. The poor form of Rodri. Call it being tired, making shit decisions that cost him games, or just bad form. But he, like Haaland, is in a (not so rich) vein of form. It sucks because he and Haaland, even in bad form, look better than most, but they are failing to provide us with that superior edge. I might still not be able to point out a better DM in the league, but he hasn't fallen back closer to the pack.
6. And most importantly, the absence of our most cutting-edge player, Kevin. It's been a struggle to replace him.

For all the above reasons, I don't currently trust our team... Yet, as usual, I expect nothing but a victory. I know we will play better. Whether that is enough to win is a different question.
Blimey
With that level of positivity you’re going to smash it in the match day forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.