Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing, that. A tad too early, maybe. I'd say that's January rhetoric.
Nah I dunno, he'll look at our next 5 or 6 games, and those of Liverpool and Arsenal, and see it as an opportunity to put some pressure on them during the next few weeks.

It might be what was needed to reignite the players, but only time will tell.

It’s a strange one, 2 years ago this exact fixture was played in the same window when an injury ravaged City went to Villa. We started well scored 2 lovely goals, conceded late and hung on by our fingernails.

Since then Villa have been transformed by investment and a very good manager. We’ve improved as well though we’re going there while ravaged by injuries and suspension.

I’m not as confident as I usually am about tomorrow night’s match, we are making some horrible mistakes in turning over cheap possession which is lethal with counterattacking sides (like Villa). Defensively we’re losing a lot of the 50:50s and upfront Haaland has been surprisingly wasteful. It’s the type of game that Rodri’s loss will be keenly felt so we really need Stones back and get some balance back into midfield.

One thing in our favour is Pep’s record against Emery is very very good, hopefully it continues tomorrow.

Feels like the kind of game we need to roll our sleeves up and get a result any way we can.

I feel no Grealish or Doku could be a blessing in disguise. I love them both but I think not having any to choose from will zone Pep's tactics in on control which, against a Villa side who are rapid and clinical in transition, won't necessarily be a bad thing.

Would like to see Bernie on the wing for this one, he's more effective there, and Lewis in the middle with Stones. But not sure how that would work so think he'll be in the middle. And Walker not venturing forward without any real attacking prowess!

Ederson

Walker
Akanji
Ake
Gvardiol

Bernie
Stones
Lewis

Foden
Haaland
Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.