Aston Villa | EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigan and also Wolves 1974! Don't let any of us be arrogant, Villa got there on merit too. Anything can happen especially if we don't turn up on the day!
Villa beat Leicester over two legs in the semi-final so they cannot be dismissed. They also beat a Liverpool youth team previously.

City have had no real competition getting United in the semi-final was an obvious plus.

I have only seen City lose once at Wembley and that was the Wolves match in 1974. I couldn’t get tickets for the Spurs match or the Wigan final and I was too young for the Newcastle final in 1955. I have seen all of City’s League Cup wins and the Leicester and Watford FA Cup finals. I missed out on Birmingham City in 1956 and Stoke in 2011.

I regard this match as comparable to the Watford FA Cup final or the Sunderland EFL Cup final. I will be very surprised if City lose.

Guardiola has instilled the right attitude into the players and they will win unless there is a freak set of incidents such as an early red card (as with Wigan a couple of years back) and monumental errors.

Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo
Bench: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Aguero

Think Jesus deserves another start and then bring Kun back in the midweek. Can't see anything other than us smashing them.

City 4-0 or better.
Play Foden from the start.

Anyone know when/how it was decided City would be the team to change to the away kit?

I'll try
Bravo
Cancelo Stones Fernadinho Zinchenko
Foden Gundagan Silva
Debruyne
Sterling Aguero

I think Pep will play full outfield strength, whatever he decides that is.

I am not bother if we play in the away kit or not. For me it is who is going to be the pratt in the middle, and the two pratts at Stockley Park. That's of what's more important, than what colour kit we play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.