Aston Villa fans...

Hi all

Villa fan here. Really enjoyed the game and thought it was a fair result.

On Barry, He should have got a great reception however......

His conduct during the period when he was tapped up by Liverpool was absolutely abysmal. Some of you might not be aware but 3 years ago he was on the verge of being a £4m transfer to Portsmouth when O'neill came in and resurrected his career and turned him into a regular England midfielder.

Liverpools pursuit of Barry was dodgy all the way through. Tapped up by Gerrard during England duty, comments by Benitez etc. This led to Barry's infamous "News of the World" interview where he said he wanted to leave only for Champions league football. He was totally misadvised by his agent and lost a great deal of good will but the vast majority of villa fans accepted that a channce to play guaranteed champions league football with Liverpool was maybe too much to turn down.

However his decision to leave for yourselves (and not to Liverpool)was totally at odds with what he had said extremely publically (slating the club and the manager who made him the palyer he is) the previous summer.The pathetic public letter he gave the fans took the piss even further. He made his bed over the last two seasons and tonight he got exactly what he deserved. If he had been honest and less deceitful then he would not have got the reception that he got.

Been working with a couple of Villa fans the last few months and I did think that the attitude of one of them in particular was the exception rather than the rule...

However... from what I could tell from the telly coverage (couldn't get out of work :-( ) it sounded to me like of 40k villa 'fans' the majority had turned up to slag Barry and have a go at us!

Really surprised by the animosity towards us actually, and shall be taking it up with said villa fan at work tomorrow!!!!

if i dare as he is my boss!!

Jod said:
Hi all

His conduct during the period when he was tapped up by Liverpool was absolutely abysmal. Some of you might not be aware but 3 years ago he was on the verge of being a £4m transfer to Portsmouth when O'neill came in and resurrected his career and turned him into a regular England midfielder.

Liverpools pursuit of Barry was dodgy all the way through. Tapped up by Gerrard during England duty, comments by Benitez etc. This led to Barry's infamous "News of the World" interview where he said he wanted to leave only for Champions league football. He was totally misadvised by his agent and lost a great deal of good will but the vast majority of villa fans accepted that a channce to play guaranteed champions league football with Liverpool was maybe too much to turn down.

However his decision to leave for yourselves (and not to Liverpool)was totally at odds with what he had said extremely publically (slating the club and the manager who made him the palyer he is) the previous summer.The pathetic public letter he gave the fans took the piss even further. He made his bed over the last two seasons and tonight he got exactly what he deserved. If he had been honest and less deceitful then he would not have got the reception that he got.

Jod, fair post (better than the one I deleted from another Villa fan), but don't you think 10 years of service is worth more than that, no matter his reasons for leaving ?

You can't blame him for taking the money, and you need to be honest, we do currently have a better chance of providing him with champions league football, not saying we will, but it looks more likely from where I'm sitting. MoN called your performance "fantastic", well if that is his level then I know we have a better chance, because I thought we were poor tonight, and still deserved a point. I can see a large room for improvement from my team, but if you're honest, will you get much better than tonight under MoN ??

If your fans had done a few boooo's tonight, then forgot about it, then fair enough, but it was the whole night, every touch, and some of it not very nice.

On the other hand our treatment of Dunne was fantastic, despite the fact he f**ked up quite often for us (no really he did), even immediately after he scored, our supporters gave him a great ovation, and in 38 years of watching football, I've never once seen that.

Was telling my son last night how fickle Villa fans have always been. I've lost count of the amount of times I have been at Villa Park and the booing has been embarrassing. Couple this with the massive swings in attendances in the 70's and 80's and you really have got the worst bunch of supporters in the league.

are you the guy in the glasses?
Jod said:
Hi all

To be honest I wasnt really that surprised. This is a set of fans that Boo their team off at half time and full time like clockwork.

svennis pennis said:
To be honest I wasnt really that surprised. This is a set of fans that Boo their team off at half time and full time like clockwork.

And only turn up since Lerner and O'Neill came in.

56_baz_280x390_902863a.jpg

If anyone sees this cnut please punch him.

I don't really see their problem with him coming here. Ok, we're not in the Champions League at the moment but we are clearly better positioned than any other team, with the squad we now have and our financial backing, to be the first to break into the top 4. I can understand if we'd signed nobody else all summer after him but he must have been told about the business we intended to do.

Villa made a real good fist of the Europa League too didn't they?

Some of you on this thread need to get off your high horses because you are showing complete double standards.

The Dunne and Barry situation are different in reality. Most City fans realised Dunne was not good enough for our future. Also, he didn't look for a move, we moved him on. Villa fans are sore because their best player didn't want to play for them any more.

Fans of pretty much every club would have booed him in that situation and clapped Dunne like we did. Football fans are not that different club to club.

Three names. Distin, Dickov and Barton. End of fucking thread,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.