Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Key...John Stones definitely....Gvardiol stepping right up - I hope he has a Laporte and Dias type second season next year

Dias had a better 1st than 2nd season...

Gvardiol is having a good season that can become a great season. Nobody is benching him now.

Ok performance but ....

Of the 3 challengers for the title I think we seem the weakest, the least likely, the most distracted, the least exciting, the least interested, the laziest, .... and yet if we keep getting boring wins we could just do it. In the meantime maybe the cup games will inject some inspiration.
I'm not biting. Nope. Not doing it. Nope.

So are we really a better team with Alvarez upfront instead of Haaland or we shouldn't look too much into this ?
We are just a better team with deep lying midfielders running onto to cut backs - classic City the first goal. This can only happen with cyclical movement up front, which separate's their Centre Backs and Full backs - slide ball through..David Silva style..cut back...and any number of players to finish off. So much better - no VAR Haaland is great at what he does - BUT - we don't play quick counter attacking through balls so we are always going to look better as a team with our tried and tested pattern of play. Has to be said that was much much weaker Villa out there tonight

We really do look a more fluid team without Haaland in it. Also Phil plays better in the central role that KDB usually plays. I'm not in anyway writing these 2 great players off, as they are both our best match winners, however it is a conundrum for Pep to get the best out of the team.

Very good performance, played on the front foot from the off and really went after them.
Thank God for Rodri and Foden this season, our two best players by a country mile.
Gvardiol was decent again, its not happening for Silva at the minute.
Hopefully the night off can reinvigorate KDB and Haaland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.