Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

i believe there’s a reset after the palace game and rodri’s yellow cards count is 8 so congrats to rodri for avoiding a 2 games suspension.

statement win, keep them coming.
Is it not after 32 games?

Ok performance but ....

Of the 3 challengers for the title I think we seem the weakest, the least likely, the most distracted, the least exciting, the least interested, the laziest, .... and yet if we keep getting boring wins we could just do it. In the meantime maybe the cup games will inject some inspiration.
Go to bed.

Just what we needed, 3 points and an excellent performance alongside letting a few big hitters charge their batteries.

Confidence booster for a lot of players such as Doku and Rico, Gvardiol putting in another quality performance. Jack being fully hit will be a big boost for the run in.

Go into the Palace game on a high and probably able to rotate another couple of guys who can do with a rest.

Pep may well have had a plan to rest Phil on Saturday but not sure if he can after that!

Dias had a better 1st than 2nd season...

Gvardiol is having a good season that can become a great season. Nobody is benching him now.
Dias looked very ponderous when he started with us...looked a liability at first when you think of his first 4 x months - then came into his own and became immense

So are we really a better team with Alvarez upfront instead of Haaland or we shouldn't look too much into this ?
were better to watch. the way we play is totally different with Haaland. too static for me across the front. we should play to our strengths as team, like tonight, moving around, moving the oppo around, fluid. I don't see that when we have Haaland playing. I'm sure we could though that's the frustrating part. you do have to take into account the way the opposition play but playing two holding mids in Rodri and Kova inhibits us as team.

I’ve said it before, we play much better fluid football with that setup, just like the two months Erling was injured was some if our best football. I do think with the way Villa were open tonight he would’ve got a couple of goals on the break but then they may have set up different if he did play.
Thought Doku had his best game in a while and for me MoM was Lewis he had an amazing game. Jack seems afraid to shoot, needs to sort that out to push on but he holds and draws fouls so much.

If we can only unleash Phil in those central zones when KDB doesn’t play, we really have a decision to make. Could be time to hand over the baton Kev.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.